Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Not sure about the body kit - ruins lines.
I bet my resonator replacement tube cost a tenth of that tacky cut and shut pipe bodge job.....

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i take it we are talking about the one with the red leather?

not keen on the after market alloys and the bmw arial and to be honest i dont like the red leather, doesnt suit the car imo. but if every car was the same what would be the point.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
While we're on the subject, what did you do for your resonator replacement?
I'm going to get rid of mine and was thinking of ordering some proper induction tubing from Green and piping it in.

I also need to replace the rubber link between the resonator and the throttle body - does anyone know the part number? :confused:

Oh, the 166 - I don't mind the front bumper and the sills, but the back of the 166 is beautiful as it is and no body kit can improve it. :)

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I really like the body kit on that! not sure about the engine mods thoughs, and the red leather i'm not too sure about

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The red leather just ouzes style!............Once its grows on you, youll never have another colour!!!!! Alfas are always right!!!

That car looks nuts!! The alloys are Khan which cost ££££££££..........Ive always wanted a set of them on a 166!!! That car is nice!!!

Does anyone have an alfa body kit forsale? Where should I be looking?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Time for a trade in a17esh?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Time for a trade in a17esh?

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

If he is he is getting as bad as you Dougie

But what about this little number.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERB-ALFA-166-70-000-MILES-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY_W0QQitemZ250289772188QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250289772188&_trkparms=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

A corker as first read
Then phone and sat nav comptible...what a description ...BUT has it or hasn't it

AND A NEW CAMBELT>>>>WHAT A SELLING POINT

BUT even BIGGER BUT....it has a head rebuild too....superb but as the 166 watchers ken ,ken.....are the wee big ends to follow soon.....BUT it has the 3 kets now that must be worth at least 2.5 k according to all the good buyer guides.

Pomeol

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I like it, especially from the rear. The red leather is so vulgar, so in your face, that I would sleep in front of the door for a week if I'd buy it, but I'd still go for it...

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Does look nice, but I don't think the leather works !!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Leather in red suits GTV and may work in a red painted 166?

I'll post a piccy of my resonator replacement. Its some flexible alloy tube, easy to cut and smooth bends. Got it online from somewhere - may have been Greens? after spending £50 on silicone tubing that just wouldn't fit due to clearance on bonnet.

That rubber air pipe is expensive cos Alfa will only sell complete with the resonator box - what a bunch of tarts! Could be a scrappie job.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
A great looking car,but more important ,look who's selling it,
Jamie Porter no less,so shouldn't be any worries about mechanical
integrity!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Who ??? :confused:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jamie Porter,Alfa Workshop Royston,acknowledged by many on
here,myself included as one of the best Alfa indies in the business.

·
Banned
139 Posts
i take it we are talking about the one with the red leather?

not keen on the after market alloys and the bmw arial and to be honest i dont like the red leather, doesnt suit the car imo. but if every car was the same what would be the point.
There's no accounting for taste:lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts