Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 2.5 V6 24v 166 Sportronic, which I've had for nine years and that has taken me to 18 European countries, has finally come to the end of its life. A kamikaze run of misfortunate that included:

Bumper damage from someone who just drove off
A nasty scrape on the sill in a car park
Being keyed from end to end - down every panel on the drivers side

I was prepared to pay out £700 to have it made pretty again, but then the old boy fell on his sword, and the cam belt went....

I'm philosophical - we'd done a 100 thousand miles together and I've loved it like no other car. So in replacing it I've concluded ONLY another 166 will suffice. Obviously, there's what's on eBay and Veloces etc, but I'm wondering if anyone one here has a suitably cherished vehicle that they would like to sell to a very good home...

Am flexible about price, age and spec (facelift/pre-facelift) etc. I just want something that will discretely turn heads and make me happy in the way only a 166 can. I'm based in Bournemouth, but willing to travel for the right car :)

Looking forward to hearing from people...

Stephen

·
Registered
537 Posts
On gumtree a 2.5 sportronic in nuvoli (spelling) for the sum of £150 but needs rear suspension work and has a mot til November.

I have a 3.0 sportronic available for £250 but with a heater matrix and abs issue so it makes the other one look like a bargain

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I hope you manage to find one.
They are such great cars for the money.

I'll be hanging onto mine for a long time hopefully!:smoker:

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
699 Posts
On gumtree a 2.5 sportronic in nuvoli (spelling) for the sum of £150 but needs rear suspension work and has a mot til November.
This car is not too far away from me - I'm aiming to see it in the next few days. Will report back if it looks any good...

Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts