Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave my 51 TS to my brother, it's been stood a fair while now and his garageman has checked it over saying it's very low on compression, we we've decided to get rid. It does drive though.

So, to be honest we don't want any money for it, but if anyone offers.....!

It has G3 Satnav, most of the toys apart from rear blind, rain sensors, xenons and cruise, though I have the cruise stalks.

It's costing money to store now so if anyone shouts up it will have to go quick, otherwise I'm afraid it's off to the scrappie.....

Tax/MOT have both expired....

Better to email me rather than the PM system here, my username+1961ATmacDOTcom

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,178 Posts
Can't work out your email address so how much for the G3 sat nav and do you have the code for it. You can pm me if you wish.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I'd be interested in getting a twinny back on the road.

Low compression means a nice little challenge for me :) west yorks I could collect too if it stll drives

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested in getting a twinny back on the road.

Low compression means a nice little challenge for me :) west yorks I could collect too if it stll drives
Car is in Bolton at the moment!

In addition one of the front bearings (could tell which one for sure) is starting to whine, which is why I took it off the road, still runs, not tried actually driving it on the road, tax and mot expired...

Be nice for it to live on, had several emails enquiring about the G3 satnav only....

I'll answer a common question here; I have no satnav code but I don't think it needs one. I have the ICS code. When I first saw the car the battery had been off, and the ICS didn't work, wanted code. I pointed out to owner and he said he has the code, just one, and both ICS and Nav always came back. When I collected car ICS and Nav both working and the previous owner said he only put the ICS code in and all worked.

I'll get my bro to try it next time he sees the car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, apologies first, been ill, hospital, nothing serious antibios sorted so don't worry..

So, car will go to scrappy early this week, like I say, it's a G3 with all the toys, we'll get 100 quid off the scrappy at worst, email me stek1961 at mac dot com if anyone can take it away it does drive tho not legal now...

So last chance!

Email me ur email, name and address and we'll go from there. Personally I'd hate to see it go, it's great car, served me well I have all the manuals etc, plus some spares but at the end of the day, she's a liabilty now so if it's the melting pot....

So if anyone can better the 100 quid it's theirs and they can take it away quickly!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
My G3 askes for a code when it wants to, most of the time it doesnt by the way..........so one day it will sting you back.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My G3 askes for a code when it wants to, most of the time it doesnt by the way..........so one day it will sting you back.
It must be getting intermittently disconnected from power somewhere. Mine only ever asks when I disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
When I done my retro-fit nav install on reconnecting the battery the ICS asked for it's code and then the sat nav code. On a couple of occassions after this when I disconnected the battery it only ever asked for the ICS code, never the satnav code. I think anyone buying this would be taking a risk unless they got the ICS head unit with it but even if you had this there might still be no guarantee that it would all work, even with the ICS code.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sat nav working, no code asked for, car has gone now, thanks for the interest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts