Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

Has anybody tried to fit a steering wheel form 147,156 or GT to 166 with multimedia controls? Are all 147,156,166 and GT using the same steering wheel with airbag,multimedia controls etc. ?

Please share anything you know

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello guys

Has anybody tried to fit a steering wheel form 147,156 or GT to 166 with multimedia controls? Are all 147,156,166 and GT using the same steering wheel with airbag,multimedia controls etc. ?

Please share anything you know
The only other cars that have matching column splines are the Alfa GTV 916 or FIAT Coupe. I've tried them all & nothing else fits. My 166 Super currently has an aftermarket wheel on a FIAT coupe boss made by Luisi. I still had to shorten the plastic shroud around the boss as the reach is different. Basically, the only wheel that fits a 166 without any fettling is one from a 166.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was looking at alfa gt selespeedsteering wheels...I like the shift paddles andwas going to try and make them work with the sportronic gearbox...too bad the splines are different. still , not a dead project yet, I m looking for a steering wheel from a gt or 156 selespeed, andd look int making the paddles fit. the airbag/ steering wheel controls coil will be hardest , I believe

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you have a black belt in googling you’ll find someone on here previously fitted Maseratis paddles to his 166 and paired them to the gearbox for flappypaddlefun

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you have a black belt in googling you’ll find someone on here previously fitted Maseratis paddles to his 166 and paired them to the gearbox for flappypaddlefun
already bought an alfa gt selespeed steering wheel, I think I can transplant the paddles to the166 steering wheel. i ll look for the maserati paddles too, thanks! easiest would be using the paddels from a new levante, as the dont have to be mounted on the steering wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts