Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When sitting there with the key on and engine not running my radio is OK. When the engine is running it usually (but not always) works for a short period of time, goes silent then starts again. The time interval varies depending on its mood. Anyone experienced this, or better still have a solution?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its not that. The voltage is stable at around 14 volts when the engine is running. Its something else because with the radio off and engine running you get a sharp crackle through the speakers every 5 to 10 seconds which would correspond with the interruptions if the radio is on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wonder if it could be the aerial amplifier? I've been trying to find mine as the radio crackles when the heated rear window is on and I suspect the amp may be responsible. Anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
436 Posts
The signal problem when you turn on the rear heated window is usually caused by the window itself, as the heating element is the antenna.
If any scratch damages it, you'll have that problem.
Look at the window, if you see mist spots that means the heated grill is damaged.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No its not that. The voltage is stable at around 14 volts when the engine is running. Its something else because with the radio off and engine running you get a sharp crackle through the speakers every 5 to 10 seconds which would correspond with the interruptions if the radio is on.
Oh well, that's really strange. Do you have dsp?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone help me to solve an issue with a radio in a 166 2.5v6 - problem is the backlight LED is so faint it is not possible to see the radio display on any screen in daytime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts