Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..

We would like to do Alfa Romeo 166 GTA-look bodykit as on this picture. ..maybe a bit higher ;)

What do you think ? :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I blummin love that!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Like the idea, but how many would you have to sell to re-earn the moulding costs and start making profit?

For me, if I was starting to upgrade my car I could have been interested. But mine's just finished, and I don't want to start over again going back to sub-optimal fitting forms, colour differences and so on. Once was enough and I like the car how it is now.

Although reactions on my car on this forum are pretty nice, I have also received opinions describing my 166 as the ultimate proof of total lack of taste, and even advise to please go and buy a BMW and stop driving and ruining the 166. So, be prepared the 166 drivers are a lot less in favour of body kits and optical tuning than the 156 people. A lot of them think the original parts and shapes should remain that way (in general). I find the photoshop picture fitting in with the car's own forms very well, so there should not be too big a problem. It's not like some generic monster bumper that is made to fit on every Audi, Opel, Beemer and Japanese car.

If the initial investment is not too high, there are chances. Good luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate.. Where I can see pics of your car ?

Absolutely, prototype and mould need a lot of work and money, but I did not find any really nice bodykit for Alfa 166. I think, GTA bodykit looks really cool on this car.. this is not some "Fast & Furious" design. ;)

·
Registered
15,172 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is really nice, but I think.. I prefer 156 gta design.. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts