Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Hi everybody,:)

i have a quite ugly problem with the boot lock/microswitch.
On the Checkpanel, the boot led remains lit, showing that the boot is open, but it´s closed, i already changed the lock with the microswitch but the problem remains, and it´s driving me crazy :cry: as i can´t lock the car then with the key as it always re-unlocks because it thinks the boot is open.
Does anybody have a wiring diagram of the check panel, or how it works, how does the signal comes to the check panel or so?
Many thanks for all suggestions and replies,

cheers

Juraj

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Have you checked the wiring to the bootlid? Fairly common for it to break through constant opening and closing of boot lid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

i checked the cables going from boot into chasis, and it doesn´t seems to be broken at all somewhere, any other idea what it could be?

many thanks

J.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Alfisti! :)

nobody having an idea what could it be else?
i already changed the bootlock with the built in microswitch, but the problem perists:confused: the check panel indicates always that the boot is open. Does anybody have the wiring diagram of that part???

many thanks to all

J.

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
I have this diagram that may help. the problem is, as you will see, the circuit relies on switching the "earth" (as oppose to "normal" electrics where you switch the "live"). If the circuit is picking up an earth anywhere between terminal 3 and 13, you will have your problem. The timer relay is for the boot light on time while the boot is open. So if you leave the boot open for hours, it will turn off the light and not drain your battery.

Boot Lock Circuit Diagram.doc - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
I have this diagram that may help. the problem is, as you will see, the circuit relies on switching the "earth" (as oppose to "normal" electrics where you switch the "live"). If the circuit is picking up an earth anywhere between terminal 3 and 13, you will have your problem. The timer relay is for the boot light on time while the boot is open. So if you leave the boot open for hours, it will turn off the light and not drain your battery.

Boot Lock Circuit Diagram.doc - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Top info for Scudetto,Mitch.

Thats Italian electrics for you.

Their wshing machines do the same..ie evertyhing is live and they switch the neutral.....BUT...Everthing is live even with the button off at the front.Guess they never put Marconi's theory into practice...or perhaps they did.:cheese:

So Scudetto check the boot light's action before doing anything else.

I know its against all health and safety law ,but a wee one in the boot when you shut it can tell you if light on or off...:tut: Or perhaps just look thro the ski hatch.:thumbs:
Pomeo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi alfisti,

so, first of all, thanks a lot for the circuit diagram. What i found out, is, that the boot light remains lit also after closing the boot, i looked through the ski/restarm opening, now, is the timer relay what´s under the rear seats the same for the interior light and the same for the boot light? because the interior light works fine, it goes out after closing the door, but the boot light remains lit :S where could be the problem?
many thanks to all ,

cheers

J.

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
The timer relay is located in the boot, on the right hand side, under the cover. It is a tall grey one. I will post a pic later if you need it, but I am at work at the mo so can't right now! When you find it, unplug it and see what the result is (obviously the boot light wont work, but maybe the boot open indicator will have cancelled)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mitch166,

thnx for posting the pic, but in my car, i don´t have such relais and console on the right side in the boot, i´ll take a pic of it later, it´s totally different. Maybe this part is in 166 facelift models somewhere else located.
But what i found out, when i just open the boot with the key - mechanically, not via central locking, the light is shut, and with boot still opened, when i unlock the car with the remote key the boot light goes on, is this the way it should work?

cheers

J.:D

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
Hi Mitch166,

But what i found out, when i just open the boot with the key - mechanically, not via central locking, the light is shut, and with boot still opened, when i unlock the car with the remote key the boot light goes on, is this the way it should work?

cheers

J.:D
errr DONT THINK SO

BOOT OPEN LIGHT ON
BOOT CLOSED LIGHT OFF.

APPEARS YOU HAVE SOME INVERSE LOGIC HERE.

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE BULB IS REMOVED?

DOES IT WORK OK USING THE REMOTE LOCKING.

IF THIS HAS BEEN DIASSEMBLED HAS IT BEEN PUT BACK TOGETHER CORRECTLY?

ITS A MYSTERY
pOMEO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts