Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends, i am in Portugal and i want to convert a RHD 166 to LHD, my plan is to get a donor 166 LHD and swap all the parts that i need. My only doubt is the metal firewall, anyone knows if the RHD firewall is diferent of the LHD one? The hole for the steering column is there on left footweel on a RHD car?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But lhd 166 3.0 v6 in Portugal are rare like hens teeth and expensive... A 3.0 V6 can cost 7000€ here and its very dificult to find one, i have a oportunity to buy a RHD running on LPG with Portuguese plates for 1000€, but... RHD.
Then i get a LHD with no plates for 600 or 700€ and its just swap parts.

·
Registered
29,994 Posts
But lhd 166 3.0 v6 in Portugal are rare like hens teeth and expensive... A 3.0 V6 can cost 7000€ here and its very dificult to find one, i have a oportunity to buy a RHD running on LPG with Portuguese plates for 1000€, but... RHD.
Then i get a LHD with no plates for 600 or 700€ and its just swap parts.
It would probably be a lot easier to swap all the V6 bits into the LHD car.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
All the best with it Scuderia

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
This seems a lot of work when there are many more lhd 166’s than rhd 166’s.
Yup

So Scuddy Why no just drive it like a tourist would do and enjoy.

BUTT :wink: Well use awe ken me by know.

I had a dream oops brainwave.

Was finking the other day.

Around 40 years ago I stuck a rover 3.5 engine into my Triumph Stag.

Suppose I buy a Triumph Stag that needs and engine. Would a Busso 2.5 3.0 or 3.2 fit / shoehorn in as long as all the ancillaries ecus etc wiring harness etc couple up.

Then again RFL wood be a bug. It would be date of regd of the Stag and yet that could be tax exempt andyet its the engine that produces the emissions.

I reckon those climate change protesters would be up in arms.

I always wanted a BSA Road Rocket 3 or a Triumph Trident. Couldn't afford one. So last night wie a few spare bob I thinks jist maybe I could get one noo. Did a search.. :yikes: Aroon £40k. Fur an auld motor bike. Sould have tain a loan away back 50 years ago. :cry:

Pomeo

My advice just drive the RHD .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts