Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Alfa owners
Hope someone can assist : my alfa suffers serious misfire, exploding noise from exhaust is so frequent. The car now has no power and struggling on uphill road. I have replaced mass-flow sensor, spark-plugs but things are getting worst now. A mechanic used diagnostic system and found the message was 3 injectors are faulty. Mechanic advised to replace all the 6 injectors. Before I proceed I would like owners to share your experience and what other items that also likely to cause the misfire.
Thanking you for reading and feedback.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello

My 166 sportronic had very similar issues. It turned out to be one / two of the coil packs; the plastic was cracked and loose. I'd check those before going to the expense of swapping the injectors. The OBD reported faulty injectors too.

Might help?

Edited: Is the orange engine management light flashing when the car is misfiring? Indicates the catalyst is getting red hot due to unburned petrol.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alfa 166 misfire

hi Jon, no flashing of light. But really no power and fuel consumption is horrifying. Can share more info on the coil pack? Located where about ? Thanks

·
Registered
10,986 Posts
;):D
hi Jon, no flashing of light. But really no power and fuel consumption is horrifying. Can share more info on the coil pack? Located where about ? Thanks
Hi Goat..It's a leong shot but when this happenned to me it was the MAF butt ;) ewe huv already changed that..Unlucky twice?:confused: no.well;)

BUTT as yer machine says the injectors and yer fuel is paffetic....DID IT LIST THE INJECTORS..IF so swap over and see if it moves then take it from there.

The coil packs are under the top covers.Check the front ones first ;):D...That's how me an a mate sussed a faulty coil pack on his JAG .swapped over and the fault moved with the faulty coil pack.

Pomeo

As an asside.;) when Pomeo struggled at hills but was fine elsewhere I was a novce then and stuck it into the Alfa Dealer and the DET ,OOR CHIC, sussed the timing was a wee bit oot BUTT that was 20k miles after belt dun after a snap. He then said there was a flat spot but I couldnae detect it ..a few years later a new MAf brought back her mojo,.

Hope this helps a wee bit.

Does it go OK from cold...pomeo used to caugh and splutter. i sussed that when you swityched off and strated again oft she jolly well went. was a long time ago now and my recall is no as guid as BIg Arnies.:cheese:

Hiope this assists a wee bitty.:thumbs:

Goiat Is this Rx's or another one?.

What year and engine is it?

Also

Why did ewe buy it?;):D

See here..
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...y-to-local-orphanage.html#post4938156:cheese:

Eye ken why ewe did.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Same problem on my year-2000 166 was caused by the corrugated rubber pipe to the throttle body. It had a big split in the rubber. You can wrap some tape around it to fix the problem enough to drive the car while you wait for a new pipe.

-Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts