Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Looks like it could be a good buy

Were you at Rio Tinto recently BTW ? I saw a GT with foreign plates.... though it might be you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was me, you based down there ? :) given up with sa plates, hence my search for something local. Local is lekker right?

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
I do their Southern Africa network, so I go visit their offices once a week or so....

The problem with 164s are that you get married to them. Nobody will buy it off you. They are good cars, bar that stupid LED display(which can be cheaply fixed, ask Krasch or Frost).
If you can get that particular car for less than 20, budget at least that much to fix her up to Alfanutter standards as well..... then you ar better off buying Frosts's mint 75...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I test drove that car last year, WHAT A DOG, if u got fifteen K to flush down the toilet or if u want it for spares then go ahead, otherwise be worned, its been in a shunt in the front and doesnt track straight, general condition is OK but everething needs some attention, Lemons section for sure

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. Shame, I doubt they will do the steering rack, if indeed any suspension by sounds of it. You have a nice car to sell, but not interested this time. Is the ride hard with Bilsteins? It sounds like a race setup.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Not at all, in fact , bilstein or Koni shox on a lowered car improves the ride to almost OEM standard.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm a huge 164 fan and feel like buying every one I see for sale. LOL
hey just feel so solid.
But agree you can spend way more than what you paid for it in fixing it.
And they are not easy sellers unless they are in extremely good nick.
Sadly this car would probably brought just for the motor :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts