Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone on here has had any problems with their electro shocks as theres a good looking set on ebay am tempted to get as a spare as dont know if will see another!

i know theres a replaceable bearing on there that could wear out but all mine seem fine

·
Registered
827 Posts
The shocks on my 12V Cloverleaf are non-functional (ie they're reverted to sport mode). I've not looked into why yet though but the car has seen a lot of action so it doesn't surprise me. My Q4 also has these shocks but I've not got that running yet so not sure if they work either! The yellow bearings do tend to wear out but I wouldn't have thought that would be the cause of the problem - it's more likely to be the solenoid.

I gather that failures with these shocks are fairly common. But I do know they can be refurbished:
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - rebuild electronic strut on 164S?

I saw the set on eBay, the seller reduced the price the other day too. I'd recommend getting them, they're very rare nowadays and it can't hurt to have a spare set - especially at that price!

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
yeah i missed them :(
If it's any help, I'm currently having a set of Boge electronic shocks from my Thema 8.32 refurbished. I can let you know how this goes if you need to have yours redone in the future as they are almost identical.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi tul66

I will be interested in details of this 'refurbishment' and the outcome
There is a detailed 'how to' on an American site but there is a need to get new seal carriers CNC machined

1 - 7 of 7 Posts