Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa 159's goodmorning message :"Parking Help not available", & GlowPlugs,

Good morning everyone,

I woke up, this morning, and looked my alfa 159, smiled a bit, and try to run the car. Before I started, Parkinq sensor showed me that I parked like dumb, front bumper is going to hit the wall. Then, After I push the start button, ABS error, Parking Sensor Error, every other sensor error :cry: came along to the display. And the car started very hard, shaking like earth quake.
After the car started, all the error gone except "Parking Help Warning". I started again, no change, After I came to work, I tried again. nothing. where should I look, do I have to clear the error via computer?

PS: I realized that my glowplug light runs for only one second. Should it be longer like 3-4 seconds. I had a ford torneo diesel, 1.9lt 75HP, it starts like gasoline engine. Is is a fuse problem, or controller maybe?

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
If you get that many error lights it is normally down to a low battery, maybe it was parked up for along time,if not get it checked.
Yes, check fuses and wires for parking assist.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, After 10 hours of waiting in the work garage, car started with the Parking warning, again. After 1km, it disappeared and parking sensor started to work again. My workshop is near my work. I drop by, and checked via computer, nothing ever showed up. I checked the battery voltage from computer & voltmeter, says exactly same numbers & around 13.8V-14.1V while running the engine. Tomorrow, I will check battery voltage before run.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oww, I forgot to post, I checked the battery voltage, it was 12.3V but the starting problem was the same, and after 5-6 days it become painful to start the car. He loves battery voltage, he drains it. I made it charged 12 hours, and test it via load. After 1-2 days later it droped dead. So I bought Varta Blue dynamic E12 battery 2 days ago, so I tought it will be perfect, after first crank turn, he will be alive. but he loves this batter even more. I cannot run the engine if I try one. I must make 2-3 turn before a solid run. Where should I check, is it fuel? is it the starter. Maybe brushed gone? I checked the glow they are perfectly running, checked if have voltage & ohms .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts