Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a new member of this forum.
I am thinking to sell my 156 20TS salespeed and buy the new 159 2.2 salespeed. Any comments for the 159

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello there !! :)

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum :)

If you're happy with your 156, I'd stick with it, but if looking for something new anyway, that the 159 is definitely miles ahead in terms of overall package though not necessarily in terms of performance.

Or so I hear!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Recently test drove the 2.2 out of curiosity (waiting for my 156 to be repaired) and found that performance wise it was slower, didn’t have the engine noise of a TSpark and lacked the charisma, but it felt much better built, but that can be translated as heavier.

Overall the interior is an improvement but upon doing a more detailed search found 3 or 4 defects (Trim and loose fittings etc), this could be down to it being their demonstrator though.

I feel that buying the 159 would be a move sideways, not up as it was should really be, it is a very good car and one most people would choose if the majority of us hadn't sampled a 156!

What about looking at a 2002 onward 156 GTA?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello Doros,

Welcome on board!

As you can see I am also a new member (Joined 2 weeks ago) and Already I am quite addicted to the AO Forum. Why?

...Because there is a great expertise, lots of advice and above all the Genuine community of passionate members. It is a Paradise for Alfa Lovers!!

Regarding your interest for the superb 159, I could advise your to check on the Forum the recent threads relating to this model. I have seen several recent ones (less than 2weeks old ;) ), that gives a good ideas of the good pointds/bad points of this model.

All in all I hope that you will enjoy this site as much as I do!

Fabrice :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

I think that the 156 3.2 is too much cause of the heavy road tax and insurance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts