Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! This is my first time I 'm asking something at this site!

I 'm thinking of getting my first car (mostly second handed) in the next months, but I don't know what to get...

I really like the Alfa 159. It's so damn hot! Look this one at that link below (greek site). It's like telling me: "Come and get me!".

Alfa Romeo Alfa 159 DISTICTIVE 1.8 '2008 - Car.gr

1800cc petrol, 140HP, 58000 km and I like the Red color together with the Beige seats. It doesn't say any price (marketing reasons), but I believe it will be between 10-13000 Euro. But I read that the 159 has many problems... :(

I'm thinking of an 156 too, more reliable than other Alfa, but it's too unsafe at crash...

Can I please have some personal experience from the 159 users or some people that know some things for 159? What do you advice me to buy? I have the 2006 Audi A4 in mind, but I like Alfa better...

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
10-13k euro is a bit expensive for that car. It's a bit underpowered with that engine, it doesn't have leather interior and it's not a MY2008 one.
For all your other questions, I'm sure you'll get answers from other people :)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
In my opinion that Alfatex interior is superior to the leather, I miss mine.

I cant comment on the price, but you should test drive a 1.8/1.9 petrol car as I find them underpowered in such a heavy car.

Please only consider a diesel if you have a 20Km or more journey each day.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Go for the 159, it's so much better than the 156:)

Hardly any 1.8s in the UK, so we don't have much experience of it here. It's a GM engine though, same as the Astra & Vectra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... Same engine with Astra and Vectra? So I guess it will be more reliable than the JTS and Diesel, right? I haven't heard any problems of that 1.8 engine. Maybe cause few people have it... Lol.

·
Registered
873 Posts
159 might have higher NCAP score but I crashed a 156 against a Land Rover Discovery with a 100mph impact speed and walked away unhurt.

As for the model, it depends on what you want. I chose the 1750 TBi petrol turbo because it seemed quite fast and I live with the 28mpg that results from giving it the beans! I've run GM engines in the past and they are ok if maintained but I wasn't very impressed with performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts