Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Decided to upgrade my trusty 2000 Polo for a 159. Am I right saying the trim levels are Turismo, Lusso, TI in order of increasing features and price? I've worked out that I can get a very nice 2007 159 Lusso for around €19k (~ £16k). The nearest TI model I could get is a 2008 model which would cost me €27k (~ £23k). My question: is it worth spending the extra 7 grand for the TI model? I could get my hands on the TI 18" alloys for around 700 quid to spruce up the Lusso model a bit. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I know the specs over the alfa reange are Turismo(basic),Veloce (sporty),Lusso(luxury),Ti in this order although I don't know if they do a 159 veloce

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yes only three trim levels for the 159 in the UK although there have been some special editions too. Things might be different in Ireland as they tend to have mainland Europe trim levels, eg. they do Sportivo versions of some models that we never get in the UK.

Wouldn't go for a Turismo as they are quite basic. Ti is the one to have if you have the budget. Then again the Lusso is very well equipped and there's a big price difference so you could do some mods to it and still have cash over.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
the ti adds sports leather seats, 19" rims, lowered suspension, side skirts & a subtle body kit, and massive brembo brakes (plus the interior is tarted up a little bit - graphite colour dash, black headlining etc). well worth the money i reckon :cool:

i'd have one in a flash if i could afford one but can't right now. almost certainly my next car though!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've got the 159 in a Lusso and i love it. For the £££ its well worth it and looks the dogs ******** without costing the earth but if I had the earth to sell I'd have a red ti and ask for leather dash too:cool:

Paul

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
the ti adds sports leather seats, 19" rims, lowered suspension, side skirts & a subtle body kit, and massive brembo brakes (plus the interior is tarted up a little bit - graphite colour dash, black headlining etc). well worth the money i reckon :cool:

i'd have one in a flash if i could afford one but can't right now. almost certainly my next car though!

You could have mine in Jan/Feb mate :D:thumbs:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go for the ti if you can Feendish. I've got one in Alfa red and it's beautiful. Sell a kidney to raise the extra cash if necessary. :)
Thanks for the replies. I have the cash its a gorgeous Red TI I've eyes on. This issue is I don't know if I can justify spending that much money on a car. The depreciation would make me cry. :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
The Ti depreciation is far better than the lusso or turismo variants :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts