Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the press files:

The novelties for the Alfa 159 and Alfa 159 Sportwagon

The 159 saloon and Sportwagon return to Geneva, with a number of novelties in terms of outfits, equipment and engines. To start with, the new TI (Turismo Internazionale) sports versions make their debut. This was the name that Alfa Romeo used in the Seventies to distinguish cars with particularly lavish outfits. Today these two simple but glorious letters reappear on the Alfa 159, and offer equipment that includes a low set-up, exclusive 19” alloys, sideskirts, and sporty instrumentation and interiors. Both cars have three-layer 8C Red paintwork and black leather interiors; the first is a saloon equipped with the 260 bhp 3.2 V6 Q4 engine, while the Sportwagon is powered by the 200 bhp 2.4 JTDM.

Attachments

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
The pictures don't match the description. :confused:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Roswell said:
The pictures don't match the description. :confused:
How come? :confused:

Edit: only thing I can see is the paint colour - the description says it's red, the picture says it's 'proper colour'. ;)

Edit again to say I noticed the colour bit just before Roswell explained it. Honest :D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
now THAT's how the 159 should look:cool: the sideskirts work wonders and the dark interior looks a lot meaner too. the alloy wheel design isn't the best i've ever seen but fill the arches rather nicely. i'm probably sticking with my 156 for another couple of years but i now have a very good idea what will replace it. let's hope the weight reduction & "next step" engines have happened by then:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The 159 SW is the (next) car for me :cool:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
I think the 19" alloys look great; as does the darker console.

This is what the 159 should have been produced as from the word go.

Shame they haven't put their new V6 in them or reduced the weight. But things are moving in the right direction :) :) :)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Now where talking, about time alfa pulled their socks up!!!!!

Dont think it will be the GTA, V8 for the GTA i think! I hope!

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Looks good. Not sure if I like the dark dash or the over styled steering wheel, but those seats look awesome!!!
Shame they forgot to paint the wing mirrors....
:D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:cool:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts