Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

Recently acquired a black 159 SW with standard 17'' wheels. Was shopping around for a set of 19'' TI's.

Best prices I could find were:

A replica set are around 860 euro / 750 stg or an original refurbished set at around the same. New originals appear to be still at the 1000 stg mark.

So I looked at the 19'' 5 hole Prodrive type found on the Brera in grey or silver, & prices where similar to the TIs, they looked nice on a red sw but could not find a pic of them on a black sw.

I then saw the Autolusso fitted a set of the 19'' Giulia QV black wheels [not sure if oem] but brand new on a red 159 saloon, & imo a good price at 800 stg.

So I thought they might look nice in the silver on a black sw, so I mocked some up in photoshop [see attached pics]

I thought the Giulia's stuck out just slightly on the 159, or maybe thats just the camera angle or the tyres.

A Pic of the Giulia's in black on a black sw also appear to stick out, does this mean some type of spacers are needed?

Just a couple of questions on the 159 & the TIs, I know the Ti is factory lowered, but do the have slightly flared arches,
because there on the top left pic of the black TI saloon the alloys look just slightly larger.
and I read here on a thread that the original Alfa TI 19'' are actually 18.5'' & the replica cannes or WSP wheels from Italy are a full 19'',
also the pic I use for the mockup is a TI & the wheels do not look quite as big as other TI sets I have seen , abiet just by 1/2 an inch or so.

Any thoughts?

Think I might of confused myself aswell at this stage.

I also lowered the body of the sw on the mockup by tiny amount

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Here’s mine on it’s summer Prodrive wheels, no spacers. I love them, but when I put the original TI spokes on for winter, I always feel like the car looks like it’s lost weight and looks more nimble. 159 2.4 nimble;-/

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here’s mine on it’s summer Prodrive wheels, no spacers. I love them, but when I put the original TI spokes on for winter, I always feel like the car looks like it’s lost weight and looks more nimble. 159 2.4 nimble;-/
Very nice alcooker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And finally the Giulia QV 'hyper' black 19''
What width do you have on the rims at front and back, tyresize and are they mounted without spacers? Thinking of R19X8 5X110 ET33 65.1 at front and R19X9 5X110 ET34 65.1 at the back for my Alfa Romeo 159 Berlina 3,2 Q4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts