Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

after a long sell, I am back.:)

Can anyone please advise me if the 159 production in RHD has come to a end and that we can only buy stock that has been already been manufactured.:eek:

Hate to say it but I have owned a BMW 320D for 18 months and I need to get behind a Alfa again.:cry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
As far as i'm aware they are still building the 159......this info has come from mangoletsi's......not 100% sure if it is concrete. They said the Giulia is behind slightly in development. Have you tried contacting AR?

A

·
0 Posts
Nope the 159 has definatley ceased production although there is stock still in Italy as far as I am aware so that might be what the dealers are talking about?

There are numerous brand new pre regs around though - AMC in Chelmsford have 2 on the forecourt - one black and one red - both 2.0JTD 170's in Lusso Trim. There are also some more knocking around the country - someone is selling a red and a white one if you want me to pass you on details of those too? All come in between £20k and £21,500.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nope the 159 has definatley ceased production although there is stock still in Italy as far as I am aware so that might be what the dealers are talking about?

There are numerous brand new pre regs around though - AMC in Chelmsford have 2 on the forecourt - one black and one red - both 2.0JTD 170's in Lusso Trim. There are also some more knocking around the country - someone is selling a red and a white one if you want me to pass you on details of those too? All come in between £20k and £21,500.
This :thumbs:

I have just bought my 2009 159 and at the same enquired about new stock, Palmers Alfa said there was "circa 50" left in the country, not sure if this includes pre-reg or not though.

Depending on the trim & engine required Motorpoint have some cracking deals IRC no red or Petrol available!:tut:

Guilia is not due to land until 2013...

HTH!:)

Mark

G

·
0 Posts
I got a new 159 Ti wagon in october, at that time they werent accepting orders for custom spec, I'm not sure that production had actually ended but it seemed like they were just building the last dealer order stock cars. I was after a black (either version), Ti SW, only extra's I really needed were roof rails and blue and me and it took a while for dealer to find me a car, eventually it took the Alfa area manager to almost force another dealer with a car fitting my description to let my chosen dealer have it! What was weird was that I found an ex demo car that fitted the spec and dealer wouldn't part with it pre their demo period, i couldn't work out why they would need a car on demo if one couldn't order a new version??? I know they get a kick back for the demo but Alfa must realise that its pointless having demo's out there with no ay to buy new so would lert dealer get their demo discount??

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Yes, definitely ceased a couple of months back according to my contact at Alfa fleet.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
On Mangoletsis website it definitely says of the 159 "When they're gone, they're gone" - they claim to be able to get hold of 2.0 diesels in saloon and SW, (both Ti and Lusso) and 1750TBi in Ti saloon or Lusso SW.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was in Donnelly's in Mallusk here in NI on Wednesday picking up my 159 and I asked the sales manager if they were discontinued and he confirmed that production has now stopped, but that there are still new cars available, my car was traded in for a new one, and that he knew of 2 new TIs available.

Phil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts