Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I'm sure I've seen a previous thread on this, but I just wanted to double check.

I'm about to take delivery of a 159 Lusso in Carbonio Black and I want to remove the badges from the rear bumper as I like the 'less is more' look.

I suspect they'll just peel off, with no damage to the paintwork underneath - am I right?

Anybody who's done the deed and lived to tell the tale, shout up!

Marsh
:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
they will come off ok, but they will leave a gluey residue, this can be removed with a bit of rubbing. its a good idea to heat up the lettering with an hairdryer or hot air gun. any stubborn marks can be removed with t cut or similar.
just dont use anything sharp or mettalic to prise the lettering off.

although this was done on my 156 im pretty sure it will be similar:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
You could ask your dealer to do it for you, before you pick the car up, its the least they can do afterall your spending the money with them. Worth a try anyway:rolleyes:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Take the Guigario badges off the side too. One of mine started coming off by itself so I removed both (gentle peeling followed by a little bit of polish to remove residue). Looks much better now!

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yep, I have done the same :)

A hair drier, a delicate lever upwards and they came off no probs.

Polished up afterwards with Autoglym and jobs a good 'un :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
It is a standard no cost option when ordering the car. I'm told they are just stuck on. I was going to have it done, but forgot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts