Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, this is my first post so please bear with me if this has been answered before but I've had a search around and can't find the answer so here goes. I've got a 2008 Alfa 159 2.4 JTDM that I love to bits. I've had it two years and it hasn't put a foot wrong apart from a clutch and dual mass flywheel which the wonderful Mario at Avanti in Ipswich sorted for me and they were my fault for putting a tuning box on which a dodgy torque curve.
The issue I've got now though is quite annoying. I took my time and searched for my perfect 159 when i bought it. Had to be red with cream leather, tele dial type wheels and built in sat nav. I drove the length of the country to get it, paid far too much for it but its made me smile for every day of my ownership. Its finally started to have DPF issues but mostly because its been used on short trips due to a company truck. Its gone in to have the DPF cored, the EGR removed and a re-map today so it should be a totally different car when I get it back later today. However a few months back I took the CD ROM out of the player for the sat nav to listen to a cd (because my boot multi changer stopped working) but unfortunately snapped the disc in half. The main dealers in Norwich want a gobsmacking £329 + VAT for a new one, just the UK CD that is and having phoned navteq in holland they want over £115 for the same thing. This is simply a CD, not only that but its one I already hold the licence for as I own an original copy. I really can't believe it. Navteq tell me that each one is different so the ones I see on eBay for peugeot systems etc won't work and I'm at my wits end because I use sat nav every day and hate having anything in my line of vision. Plus I intend to change the car for a Prodrive Brera soon so want to be able to sell it with a working sat nav. Is there anyone out there that could copy me a disc, I don't care how old (mine was 2007-08) that will work in my 159 navteq system. I'll happily pay handsomely name your price (within reason) if you can help me at all. Happy to transfer money or post a cheque beforehand as I'm a trusting sorta fella and I figure we're all in this together. Secondly as my boot cd changer doesn't work is there any way to plug an aux cable of some kind into the back of the headunit to allow connection of an mp3 player? I've asked at every car audio shop and they all seem to have no idea at all. Thanking you all so much in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Ref Aux cable. Isn't there a USB socket in the glove box for memory stick connection? I don't know the SatNav / CD changer version of the 159 system but all of the very earliest of the standard systems have a USB socket in the glove box for memory stick use and you can play MP3s through this connection.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Sat Nav versions don't have a USB port. My Multichanger didn't work either so I bought a CD emulator from Loudlink. Just pull the head unit out, unplug the (blue?) multi changer plug and plug this one in in it's place, plugged and played plus you can have up to 98 virtual CDs with up to 98 tracks on each! I've got my whole music library in the car!

Loudlink mp3 CD Changer Emulator for Alfa Romeo 159, BRERA, SPIDER ConnectNAV+ /AUX [LLK-B08X] - 99.06*EUR : Loudlink High Quality Bluetooth Car Kits, CD Changer replacement adapters, - for Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati, Porsche - Ogg Vorbis MP3

Would this map do?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...251190?hash=item2a652fb2b6:g:L1UAAOSwxp9W2hHE

If not then drop me an email to [email protected], I've got an early one that I don't use that you can have for the same price.

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Right it seems that there are two versions of the navteq system one for 2008 onwards and one for 2007 and before and it seems that despite being a 57 plate 2008 car mine has the earlier one. Thanks to Guy for trying to help but unfortunately the disc he sold me was for the later version. Can anyone help, maybe make me a copy as I already have the original (snapped in two) so theres no licensing issues. I would be happy to pay well for a copy. I just can't find one anywhere. Many thanks Rob

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts