Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Don't know if someone can offer help.
I keep on reading on this forum about #4 & #7 iso connection tabs need swapping round to ensure constant power and ignition supply are correct when installing an after market HU with ISO.

Problem is on my 159 wiring I do not have a wire at #7 tab but I do at #4. So presumably I do not have a connection for the ignition, only a constant supply from battery. Will I need to modify this to install a new Kenwood HU ??
Why do I not have an ignition wire already there for the factory fitted radio ??

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Be careful! the headunit is controlled by the cars canbus so it only has a permanent live. Look at the wiring diagram on the back of the original headunit - I think one of the wires you are talking about is a canbus connection - it only carries +/- 2v and its connected to the cars body computer. The canbus connections carry all the instructions for the headunit: steering wheel controls, radio repeat display, illumination and dimming.

If you want to wire it up to the ignition you will need a new switched power feed for the head unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts