Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I already check forum but I didn't find proper answer.

I have rear parking sensors on my 159. I checking if I can add also OEM front parking sensors in easy way.

I see one free connector behind front bumper, is this for parking sensors?:

I check in eper with my VIN number end there I get this picture:

Do I need to by a PDC module? is there just one PDC module located in trunk or are there two of them?

Is there enough to by parking sensors and cable, connect them together and so some proxy alignment. Can someone help me with this questions.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
There are 2 types of module, but only one location - the one for rear sensors only is one is marked POS, and the one for front and rear is marked ANT - I think at least - you'll need 4 sensors colour coded and the correct method of installing them - ideally you will have a front bumper prepared for them, and in the right colour.

I think once plugged in these will need to be set up in MultiECUScan by doing a proxi-alignment - there is a thread on here where someone did it pretty easily.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for help, I check this in Elearn and now I have more clearer picture about this:

Here is explanation how is connected in front and rear bumper:

Here is front side of car wiring:

and here is backside of car wiring:

here is connector description, parking sensors are connected to connector D212B (rear bumper) and to D013B (front bumper). From this connector wires goes to PDC control which is located in trunk. Connector is calling M084:

So I have all wires in the car and I already turn on the MFD parking distance display in past. I look in Eper to see which types of PDC module is used in may car.

I found two different PDC module codes: 60693882 and 50504760, latest one is based on VIN number located in my car. Is there difference in SW on this PDC module? Should I just connect parking sensor and try if works?

Maybe someone have information where could I find wires for front parking sensors?

Best regards

·
Registered
906 Posts
You will need the correct Ecu four sensors and the front bumper wiring loom. The holes are marked on the rear of the front bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts