Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a problem this week-when using the key fob to unlock the car - my drivers door remains locked.
The handles inside and out are both working fine so not a cable issue.
I can unlock the drivers door manually by inserting the key - it just seems that its not getting the signal/power electrically to disengage.

Anyone had anything similar-this started a few weeks ago intermittently but is now a permanent featur:rolleyes:e.
So thinking door control ecu or loom or door lock itself.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You probably have the fairly common problem of wires breaking in the rubber boot between your door and the car body. Repeated bending as the door opens eventually snaps them. Look carefully. I had one that had snapped clean....but two others that had snapped inside the insulation....only the sharp angles they could bend to gave me the clue. My issue (mirror not working then door light intermittent) started happening once in a while...then turned permanent as the wires snapped clean.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine did this on the passenger side earlier this year I found that it was disabled on the dash computer can't remember the wording of it but just altered it and back in business, not sure how it got altered as it has been fine since having the car but was pleased with a cheap easy fix worth scrolling through the dash modes and checking

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You can't disable just one door opening! The only door related thing in the menu (that I know of) is auto locking.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah there is the fda function I think - but that disables all the doors apart from the drivers which is opposite to what I have but thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah there is the fda function I think - but that disables all the doors apart from the drivers which is opposite to what I have but thanks for the thought.
That's makes sense then in my case as I have a spider so obviously only two doors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts