Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the result.

From my perspective and looking at the list of what needing sorting / still needs sorting, it's pretty fair really:eek:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Look at the link and I don't quite understand, Auto Express has the 159 at position 29, on the top 100 list the Alfa does not apear, position 29 is occupied by Suburu.

If you take the 85.95% score there are several cars whilst perceived as being 'better' by the sheep*, Audi A4, Merc C class, Passat and Jag are all behind the Alfa, so using that as a benchmark it has fared well.

I also notice in the test categories there is nothing about looks, interesting that one, no contest perhaps?:)

* This is the first time I have used the term sheep in a post on here, what I mean by sheep is the people who go out buy a German car (doesnt matter which, all dull and grey or black) just to blend in on the M25,4,6 whatever. Sheep are dull, boring, all look the same and follow each other, much like the buyers of ordinary cars.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I don't care what others say I know I have the best car in the world :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Alfa as a whole are at 29, down 10 places on last year. While the 159 comes in at 60.
That's correct, which isn't good but is also not really surprising, sorry:(

Re. the 159, mine has had lots of little niggly items (quite a list) and two major niggly problems (gearbox 2nd to 3rd change and the hesitation:mad:) and one complete failure (battery).

Most on here have had similar or worse.

Saying that, I'd still have one over the competition:)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Looks a fair result to me, mine is back and forth to dealer once a month on average for something minor, in today for a wiper motor and odd squeak and rattle which is still not resolved after my 12 months of ownership.

Always seems reliable (touch MDF) though, its just sometimes the squeeks, creaks and rattles spoil the pleasure....

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Most on here have had similar or worse.
Most? Look at the survey results on the sticky in the poll lounge - only 12% appear to have been unhappy with their cars (yes, I know the rumours about dealers posting spurious results).

Anyway, I guess that's what this part of AO is for - to report problems.

TBH I don't think the result's too bad given that the survey will be based on the first 2006/07 cars. Should see a significant improvement in the results next year.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Greetings. Quite honestly guys I couldn't give a damn about these survey results. I didn't buy my car for it to get good survey scores and I don't care if anyone is put off by them. Their loss.

Today I drove the car across Salisbury Plain - I call it the tank-crossing road. Those of you who don't know it should try it some time. In an Alfa. Great fun and I don't care if it came 69th or 169th. Bests.

Joe

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Fraser said:
TBH I don't think the result's too bad
You make me sick, you cheerleading, rose-tinted-spectacle-wearing fanboy!*

After all, the 159 only scored 85% in a satisfaction survey.

Which is pathetic, given that the top placed car scored 91%.

-sighs- Oh, if only my car was 6% more satisfactory... :lol:

* I'm sure I don't have to spell it out to Fraser, but for anyone else reading - don't take that bit seriously. :)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
You make me sick, you cheerleading, rose-tinted-spectacle-wearing fanboy!*

After all, the 159 only scored 85% in a satisfaction survey.

Which is pathetic, given that the top placed car scored 91%.

-sighs- Oh, if only my car was 6% more satisfactory... :lol:

* I'm sure I don't have to spell it out to Fraser, but for anyone else reading - don't take that bit seriously. :)
:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Most? Look at the survey results on the sticky in the poll lounge - only 12% appear to have been unhappy with their cars (yes, I know the rumours about dealers posting spurious results).

Anyway, I guess that's what this part of AO is for - to report problems.

TBH I don't think the result's too bad given that the survey will be based on the first 2006/07 cars. Should see a significant improvement in the results next year.

today new alfa is very good car.
fraser, very smart man. :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'd like to know who thinks a 159 has poor build quality, what are they used to driving...60 ft £50 million private yachts!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to know who thinks a 159 has poor build quality, what are they used to driving...60 ft £50 million private yachts!
It could be better, there's no doubt abot that. IIRC, there were twenty of so "trivial" things needing resolving on mine:(

I've classed the wiper arm gouging the bonnet as trivial but this could be major if you think about it.

Yes, the material quality is good (and better that the new A4 & 3 series) but the actual build quality isn't - sorry.

Also, even minor common faults never seem to get rectified on the first visit to a dealer (mostly) and if you need a courtesy car, you pay to insure it:tut:

Saying that, I bought mine with my own money & would buy another.

I guess this makes a whack job:lol:

M

·
0 Posts

:lol::lol: :lol:
i must buy 50 million dollar yacht and compare to fathers brera. :cheese:

·
Registered
346 Posts
That would be ridiculous. You can get a yacht at least as well made, and beautiful, as a Brera for only £16 million....

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
That would be ridiculous. You can get a yacht at least as well made, and beautiful, as a Brera for only £16 million....

A real Wally has a mast and sails!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Here's the result.

From my perspective and looking at the list of what needing sorting / still needs sorting, it's pretty fair really:eek:
Simon,

I agree. The car is a step change in build quality from the GT, 156 and 147 and is safe and generally well put together. However, IMO there are still too many squeaks and rattles (screen creak, etc.).....even from MY08 cars. When Fiat can make a 500 which is silent (may be because they are made in Poland) I don't know why Alfa can't make a car that is twice the price rattle free.

Overall I would not have any other car....witnessed by the fact that I am about one of 10 159 drivers in the whole UAE.

The 3.2 is sensational and GTLeigh was right about that:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts