Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought the CTSAR01A that is complete with cradle and facia surround. However the inside dimensions of the surround are smaller than a standard double DIN opening. It seems odd as the Chinese unit I have bought will fit the steel adaptor cradle but the CTSAR01 plastic surround inside dimension is smaller than the after market Chinese head unit and smaller than the dimension of the CTSAR01A cradle opening.

I note that at least one other person has had the same problem so is that a design problem with the adaptor or is there an alternative adaptor facia surround?

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts
I have bought the CTSAR01A that is complete with cradle and facia surround. However the inside dimensions of the surround are smaller than a standard double DIN opening. It seems odd as the Chinese unit I have bought will fit the steel adaptor cradle but the CTSAR01 plastic surround inside dimension is smaller than the after market Chinese head unit and smaller than the dimension of the CTSAR01A cradle opening.

I note that at least one other person has had the same problem so is that a design problem with the adaptor or is there an alternative adaptor facia surround?
I think there are 2 versions, depending on whether you originally start off with the navi unit or radio....
see fi
Connects2 Ltd

Connects2 Ltd CT23AR01A

Connects2 Ltd CT23AR10

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I must admit I had not seen this but, by luck I suppose, I have bought the correct unit. The outside of the CSTAR01A facia adaptor fits the dash perfect it is just that the inside opening of the facia adaptor is smaller than the head unit. That made me think it was non-standard head unit but the head unit fits the CTSAR01A metal cage perfectly and I also note that the CTSAR01A facia adaptor opening is smaller than the cage opening. How is that ever going to work?

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts
The chinese unit you bought, isn't that a dedicated unit for the 159 ? In that case, it probably doesn't need the facia but is a direct fit ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts