Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey alfa 159 lover.
i'm new with you now since i just got one. today :D . a blue 159 1.9 jtd 16v diesel it's just LOVELY.
So im From morocco, the car has high KM 200 000. we don't have access to car details and stuff. but anyway im a little bit good with checking cars. somehow the alfa 159 seems to be dodgy. so today i got it and while taking a road trip from the town i got it from to my Home .i had a problem. after accelerating to 200km/h the car turned "check engine" message .the car actually need OIL change so im going tomorrow to change it . but i don't have good mechanics in my country. so i came to you to help me alittle bit .

the car didn't lose any power. i need your help ! because im in love with this car and i want to enjoy it.and not stay with mechanics

"please forgive my bad english":paperbag:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updates: OIL changed everything is good.but new problems.i think i still didn't feel the alfa romeo power.why? Because it's just die in hills. I feel like there is no power and alot of smoke.and the check engine light show up if i accelerate (like i said at first) need your help guys! It's been 4 weeks and i still cant enjoy it... Please help me! I used to have a 407 2.0 never had any problems... I think i fall in love.in thw wrong car. Help me.fix it :,(

·
Registered
22 Posts
What sort of smoke? White? Check all the turbo hoses.
Try to find someone who can plug in and get the fault code. You can get a cheap Bluetooth ODB2 adapter and an app if you have a smart phone.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sounds like EGR or MAF to me, you'd probably be better off in the 159/Brera/Spider forum.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH MY god sorry. i tought i am in 159/brera forum... Any chance to move it over there?

About the new updates dpf filter was removed. It was emptied from inside. Aloooot less smoke. The guy cleaned everything EGR Maf Map... Now i still feel there is a lack of power until the car hits 2000rpm then i see power.so if i go in a hill i have to get back to 2gear then hit the third gear. Im going to get an EGR blank and delete... I wish it gets fixed :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts