Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Basically I caused a slight paint chip on the lower lip of the front bumper, the smaller chips where already there but I'am now looking into repairing it as its a bit of an ear sore.

Any help regarding if I could do a DIY repair or a cheap professional repair jobbie recommendation would be appreciated.

I do have some mixed paint that has been matched to the car colour so I can paint the area once I have / if done a DiY repair on the area.

If it's more cost-effective, a full bumper respray could be done at a stretch as there are a few more paint chips on that area.

See attached picture to see the chip.

Cheers,
Joe.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all,

Basically I caused a slight paint chip on the lower lip of the front bumper, the smaller chips where already there but I'am now looking into repairing it as its a bit of an ear sore.

Any help regarding if I could do a DIY repair or a cheap professional repair jobbie recommendation would be appreciated.

I do have some mixed paint that has been matched to the car colour so I can paint the area once I have / if done a DiY repair on the area.

If it's more cost-effective, a full bumper respray could be done at a stretch as there are a few more paint chips on that area.

See attached picture to see the chip.

Cheers,
Joe.
Depending on your level of confidence (or balls - whichever way you look at it) you could sand it down, filler primer > paint > clear coat it. Could be done in a day and with were it is wouldn't really be noticeable if it wasn't perfectly blended into the rest doing it yourself. Its definately patch repairable though. Shouldnt need a full bumper respray - you could but were not all made of money right? ... Just resprayed the rear arches on my 159Ti myself - damn stone chips.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah you're right, full bumper respray would be unnecessary. I did get a quote of £110 for a localised repair / respray which seemed reasonable. I don't feel too confident with sanding / respraying myself atm. I had to talk myself out of getting the alloys refurbed now as I felt if I'm shelling out money, might aswell 'improve' something as they are flaking really badly and just look a bit naff.

Cheers,
Joe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts