Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just wondering if there would be any interest from members in buying a brand new un-programmed Brera/159 Key.
It was bought as part of an original Alfa lock set (71751578) including new door/Airbag Barrels.
The key blade has been cut to match the 2 new barrels & i could include these with the new key.
As you know Brera /159 keys can only be programmed to a car once.
I just wanted a new key case & was having no luck searching the whole of the world!
Let me know if anyone is interested.
Open to offers.

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Might be interested.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I certainly am - how much?
Hi
I am just about to list the second key from the lock kit that I bought (Alfa part no: 71751578)
It is brand new & un-programmed though the key blade has been cut to match the lock barrels in the kit and would need changing to your key blade.
I am open to offers but thought I would ask those that posted first.

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I never used this key. As with my GT I previously owned it just sat in a drawer.
About a month ago my fiancee (whom dropped the keys at a job interview) found the keys which included house keys in a coat she has not worn in almost a year.

I now have two keys and this one might be for sale again unused. As before the key blade was cut for the locks Paul bought IIRC.

So a new blade would be required but this fob has not been programmed.

I am to go and see a Brera this weekend and before I offer it on here (or eBay) I want to check the Brera definately has two keys. The sales man tells me it does but I want to see it first.

Anyway if either I do not buy the Brera or there are two keys this will be for sale. I am looking for about £100.
Obviously if there are any problems with it not programming I would offer a free refund and the key returning.
So if you require a key watch this space after Saturday.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I have interest. How to connect you?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 HTC_M8x 發送
Unfortunately I would not post it to Taiwan, too much potential for hassle, sorry.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I'm interested too. What is the price?
£100 including signed delivery by 1pm the following day UK only.

I am probably going to put it on the Bay of E this weekend.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I sold the key to a chap through eBay. He attempted to get it programmed but failed. Message as follows.

eBay buyer said:
Hi there. Well, bad news i'm afraid. I took the key to my local Alfa dealer who attempted to programme it but unfortunately it couldn't be done due to the "incorrect TEG for the vehicle". They said that these keys come part programmed for the car it's meant for and it wouldn't be possible for the key to be programmed to another vehicle. I have a headed invoice to that effect if you require it. How would you like to proceed with the refund, shall i open an Ebay case? Thanks
I'm of course giving him his money back but just a note to anybody for the future.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Hey Malc, did he return the key to you, I was thinking I might just use the case.
Not yet. He had to wait for Alfa to do his car/key. Sold it over two weeks ago but he's only just been told by the dealer it cannot be programmed.
Personally I think the dealer probably screwed up or hoped they could relieve him of a large amount of cash for a new fob.

I know the cases are sold on eBay but I have no idea how much. I'd like to recuperate some of my costs as I now have to pay the return postage..

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Hei Guys. I wonder what you are doing.
Every key fob has unique 5-digit electronic alfa- code connected to particular vin number. Exact code is mentioned at alfa card supplied together with car. It is impossible to take any new key fob and program it for any other car. If you need a new fob it is needed to order it through official dealer network or anyone else who can guarantee key fob supplied fits to particular car.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Hei Guys. I wonder what you are doing.
Every key fob has unique 5-digit electronic alfa- code connected to particular vin number. Exact code is mentioned at alfa card supplied together with car. It is impossible to take any new key fob and program it for any other car. If you need a new fob it is needed to order it through official dealer network or anyone else who can guarantee key fob supplied fits to particular car.
Thankyou, that confirms what the dealer says. My loss but there are worse things in life :)

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Do not worry. 5-digit code is featuring just 100.000, combinations ( from 00000 to 99999 ). So if you find a car owner with exact code you have it could be a good deal. Good luck.
:biglaugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts