Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i have a mint condition used keycase for sale for the 159/Brera only 1 small scratch to underside of metal hoop.
It has been previously used/programmed so you will need to swap blade & internals with your existing.
Pm please if you are interested.
Thanks Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
alfa 259 key blade

Hi Paul,

I will need to swap the blade. (internals no problem)
Could you show / explain how to swap blades on 159?

Tnx
Adam

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Adam

it can be a little bit tricky to swap key blade as you have to be careful not to damage the silver case.
On the one I changed before I simply took a little jewellers screw driver and filed it until it fitted in the hollow pin-then practiced on my existing case(the one I was replacing).
By inserting the screwdriver into the hollow pin and gradually easing it back out until you it pulled out far enough to get a little pair of pliers on it to fully remove it.
It is quite deceiving as the pin is around 13mm long.
I was going to include the tool I made to remove it but have been unable to locate it today.

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Adam

it can be a little bit tricky to swap key blade as you have to be careful not to damage the silver case.
On the one I changed before I simply took a little jewellers screw driver and filed it until it fitted in the hollow pin-then practiced on my existing case(the one I was replacing).
By inserting the screwdriver into the hollow pin and gradually easing it back out until you it pulled out far enough to get a little pair of pliers on it to fully remove it.
It is quite deceiving as the pin is around 13mm long.
I was going to include the tool I made to remove it but have been unable to locate it today.

Thanks Paul
I can mail you some pictures if you PM me your email address.

Paul

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that Alfa charge around £300 per new key.You can't buy just cases from anywhere and the keys can't be recoded once programmed to a car.
Probably best to check with your local dealer if you require a new blank key as to the cost.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Any idea how much it costs the get a new fob coded?
Only have a single key for mine, it would be nice to have a second.
Unless I am misreading their website, it looks like Autolusso can supply and code a brand new key for between £150-£250, which looks like great value if it is true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts