Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
It really depends on what stereo you have. I decided to try and get BT music working rather than fiddling with USB but wanted to keep B&M for calls.

After a few items I bought which all didnt work(one of which like your example used the yellow connector) I bought this, which worked perfectly. Took 2 mins to install and now I can forget my USB music. Calls still work, steering controls work etc. Ideal!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CJKY1MR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, it depends on your stereo. I have a 2012 159 TI with MP3 cd player and Blue and Me. (no bose, no nav and no cd changer). This cable uses the CD Changer functions, so as far as the stereo is concerned I have a cd changer now. If I press CD twice it switches to the bluetooth. My phone can connect to BlueMusic and BlueAndMe at the same time as they use different functions. One is media and one is calls.

//edit

Checked and my stereo is a Bosch Alfa 939 MP3.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, this is exactly what I was looking for. Will try and find somewhere selling this as no t available anymore on amazon.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks. Is the £30 one plug and play? The cheaper ones seem to have the 2 power wire that don't have plugs. I'm not sure where these would get wired to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, my bluemusic adaptor arrived today. Plugged it in but didn't work.
Could connect to the Bluetooth fine but cannot seem to select it as a source. On instructions it says press cd button twice, but doesn't seem to work.
Any ideas?
I have 2010 alfa 939 mp3 radio with Blue&me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi, my bluemusic adaptor arrived today. Plugged it in but didn't work.
Could connect to the Bluetooth fine but cannot seem to select it as a source. On instructions it says press cd button twice, but doesn't seem to work.
Any ideas?
I have 2010 alfa 939 mp3 radio with Blue&me.
After plugging it in, did you get the option on your phone to pair with Blue Music?
If you press CD twice, it switches to the CD changer, which is actually your bluetooth. Which attachment did you buy, hopefully not the one with 2 unconnected wires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All sorted. I'd left the power in when plugging in the adaptor. After unplugging the main power to the radio and plugging back in it worked straight away.
Thanks for you help.
I'm happy now! 😊

1 - 13 of 13 Posts