Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an Alfra 159 with Bi Xenon lights and currently the right one works and the left one does not. I have swapped the bulbs over to test the bulbs still left does not work. Have done the same with the individual fuses for the light. Left still does not work. Just wondering if the wiring loom for the lights goes through different Maxi fuses and maybe a Maxi fuse blown? Around the same time the heated seats started to work intermittently but may be un related.
Any ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help so far. Any ideas on how you replace the ballast. I had a look today and can only just see it with help of a mirror. Do you have to drop the bumper off or is by removing the lights (looks like a pig either way).:cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have an Alfra 159 with Bi Xenon lights and currently the right one works and the left one does not. I have swapped the bulbs over to test the bulbs still left does not work. Have done the same with the individual fuses for the light. Left still does not work. Just wondering if the wiring loom for the lights goes through different Maxi fuses and maybe a Maxi fuse blown? Around the same time the heated seats started to work intermittently but may be un related.
Any ideas appreciated.
I know this is an old thread, but I wondered if you found out what was wrong? I have the exact problem with my 159: The left light stopped working, and the heated seats started to work intermittently at the same time. Since the same thing happened to your car, I believe there may be a connection between these two problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Kai1234. with my problem the bulb stopped working but it was indeed the ballast unit that had broken and not the bulb. If you want to diagnose, you should first swap the bulbs left to right and visa versa. If the same side still does not work then it is the ballast. this is located under the headlight and the only way that I could see of getting to the unit was by removing the bumper / front fo the car. Its not that bad to do once you realise you have no choice. the ballast itself is expensive. I was quoted 330 euros but got second hand one for half that. The reason that they fail is they are exposed to the weather and eventually it gets into the high voltage circuit.
In terms of the heated seats, I still have the fault but came to the conclusion that it is probably the switch in the seat - hence not related.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts