• Oceano Black

Votes: 23 9.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am glad to see my view that Stromboli Grey:cool: is a very good colour on the 159 is being upheld by the poll so far and not surprised its followed by Alfa Red and Black. Surprised my personal preference of Aurora Blu :cool: is not featuring as I really like this colour on the 159. My top three would be Aurora Blu, Stromboli Grey and Rubino Red

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I voted Stromboli grey, most people that order from us want Carbonio black, in fact it must be over 50% but when I order for stock I order Stromboli grey & Carbonio black, I ordered some Oltremare blue when the 159 first came out and for some reason we found them really hard to sell. Colour and specification is so important to the future value of an Alfa, more so than any other brand in my opinion.

Ned
I couldn't agree more: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
If you add the blacks together black wins!!

Isn't it funny how you start thinking about this and questioning your original judgement. Rubinio red does look good - and a lot better than alfa red dare I say. I also like that deep metallic blue too. I wonder what a white one looks like!!!!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Cleaned both of ours again today. When Alfa Red is clean & polished, nothing beats it :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
But on a 159??? on a 147, GT, 8C most definitely (I cleaned our 147 which is alfa red and had forgotten how good it looks) but I'm not sure on a 159.

Sometimes some colours just don't look right on cars fantasy blue 156s look superb, but they never made a 147 in fantasy blue because it would look a bit odd.

Still everyones entitled to their own opinion......

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Why did Alfa bother with Vesuvio Grey:confused: If any one on the forum has this colour why did'nt you vote for it yet!! What a difference a shade makes the other grey "Stromboli" has so far been voted the "best" colour for the stunning Alfa 159:cool: and I can relate to this as it was my next preferred choice after Aurora Blu:cool:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Surprised at the Stromboli lead:eek: I voted Red BTW;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm not surprised that Stromboli Grey is ahead, I had an Alfa 159:cool:on test in that colour and liked it alot, it has a very nice lustre :wow: and its suits the car really well. It was my second choice behind Aurora Blu (which in my humble opinion is stunning on the 159:cool:) and ahead of Black. I'm not convinced that Alfa Red suits the 159:cool: as much as it suits the 147, GT or Brera/Spider its almost too strong a colour for such a substantive saloon car. White, Metallic White or Pearlescent White would be an interesting choice for the 159:cool: . As I said already any colour looks good on it, its degrees of beauty!

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I was in the dealers the other day and they had got some 159s in. They had a load of Black ones which I thought looked good, but inside they had a dark blue metallic and a rubinio red one and they looked absolutely fantastic. The there was a black GT next to a silver Brera and I began to think that actually the GT looked better in Black than the 159/Brera, However I do agree with NordicI55 that I am not sure about a 159 in Alfa Red, metallics seem to suit the shape better.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Rubino of course :cool:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Oceano black ;) :thumbs:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Pick the colour you like best... order it... job done !! :D