Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

quick question, has anyone ever rolled the arches on their 159. ive lowered my 1.9 on novitec springs which i am loving, now i want to put some new wheels on it but im having a problem finding wheels to put on it without the use of big spacers, but when i use spacers the wheels look prety crappy. so i thought rolling the arches out so they dont pertrude the arches would help. also i could put some nice bbs style lipped wheels on it and really make it pop. so if anyone has any info on this can they please let me know

thanks in advance

aaron

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi All

quick question, has anyone ever rolled the arches on their 159. ive lowered my 1.9 on novitec springs which i am loving, now i want to put some new wheels on it but im having a problem finding wheels to put on it without the use of big spacers, but when i use spacers the wheels look prety crappy. so i thought rolling the arches out so they dont pertrude the arches would help. also i could put some nice bbs style lipped wheels on it and really make it pop. so if anyone has any info on this can they please let me know

thanks in advance

aaron
What wheel size are you attempting?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing crazy really just 18" with 9.5" on the back and 8.5" on the front but I can't get wheels with an offset that would fit my car. Standard vag sizes won't fit because of the offset. Most wheels fowl the huge brembos brakes on the front without massive spacers. I don't like them because the stick out too far from the arch and look stupid. I could order them with the recommended offset but if they're still wrong I'm stuck with a set of wheels that won't fit my car.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
I think problem is you want big brake offset wheels with relatively small ( R18 ) diameter.
Actually you are sourcing wheels from powerful but smaller car range where brakes are not big enough.
If you switch to R19 or R20 even, they would be definitely offset friendly.
9,5J*18 will request something like 285/30R18 tyres.
Ough...
:paranoid:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
19 or 20 would be impossible here in Ireland. Roads are way too bad and would make the car undrivable especially with my lowered suspension. I live in the countryside and people crack and smash cheap aftermarket wheels regularly!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure was going to have a chat with the guys in my local tyre and wheel place and see what they suggest. Not a fan of stretched tyres either so I want something that will fit will and work well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts