Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanted a quick opinion on some refurbs I'll be getting done shortly.

After a nasty prang from the neighbour I'm dropping alot of cash this month on the car.

I'm getting the doors treated and bumper for £300, and am planning on a £200 alloy refurb.

Question is the colour.

What do you guys think, I have the 18" Old style Ti alloys and am toying with the idea of going gloss black.

I have done a little photoshop mock up to give you guys an idea.

Opinions welcome.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Neither in my opinion.......go dark gunmetal grey. Black just looks like the wheels are smaller and dull. Silver is just silver.

Reactions: cue2

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Reactions: AlfaJoe92

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah love your colour Giblets.

So is the colour on your car officially called 'Anthracite'? If I go into a bodyshop and ask for that colour, they'll know exactly the paint code for it, or are there variations?

Seems pretty dark from your garage pic, is that just the lighting?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Chrome shadow looks nice.

Damn so for me its a run between Gloss Black (DARK) - Anthracite (MEDIUM) - Chrome Shadow bright (LIGHT).

Not massively keep on the Anthracite though, I'd prefer a glossy colour / sheen and feel its not got the contrast I'm looking for.

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
hmm, what about all three colours on alternate spokes ?

just a thought

edit: or two tone, say black and anthracite, or silver and black

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Yeh, think Anthracite can be a little different depending where you go (they should all be able to offer you images of the colours if you are unsure
). I like the idea of of the shadow Chrome, but it is a paint effect, the Anthracite can be powder coated and so last longer.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Black looks like a gangster might be driving it, grey/anthracite lust looks like dirty wheels and silver looks OK. How about putting some metallic flake in silver and making sparkly wheels? I did it on my GTV, looked great

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, do you have a picture of your sparkly wheels alfaholik?

·
Registered
7,546 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I think at the end of the day it's down to what colours they offer at the shop. I do kind of want a dramatic change instead of just a spruce up as this is more striking, and also warrants the £200 price tag more than just 'refurbing' them back to original colour imho. I've lived with Silver, and whilst they look nice, they do get dirty quick. Although they do hid scuffs. If I where to go light, I'd want the Chrome bright with a really gloss finish, something shiny.

It's annoying I can't afford the Ti rims, even the 18" version, but I'm soo impatient and when I have to do a major works, I want to try and do as much as possible at once to give me a striking finished product.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Last week was watching the geezers on the telly making money out of cars - Mike Brewer was at his mate's garage and he was showing him an old Range Rover he had on the forecourt. Bought it for no money, spent 2 grand on painting it white and fitting the biggest set of black gloss alloys he could find in Halfords and presto, phone ringing off the hook and a nice return on the investment.

Moral of the story... stick massive black wheels on it and you'll have a queue round the block.. I'd go for a powder coated finish no matter what you decide. I used these guys in Swindon, you can inspect all the different shades of anthracite in their showrooms... Alloy Wheel Refurbishment, Alloy Wheel Repair, Bristol, Swindon, Oxford .. they did an immaculate job on my wheels. Recommended. :thumbup:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm limited to £200 funds, what price did you pay at Swindon Hurri?

Cheers.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a little update.

Ended up getting the alloys coated in Dark Anthracite.

I think it looks great, not too dark, but light enough to reflect the correct amount of light on the edges of the alloy in order to not lose the outline of them rims.

Appologies for poor quality pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just a little update.

Ended up getting the alloys coated in Dark Anthracite.

I think it looks great, not too dark, but light enough to reflect the correct amount of light on the edges of the alloy in order to not lose the outline of them rims.

Appologies for poor quality pic.
Looks very nice, gratz :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts