Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remapping aside, wondering if anyone has experience using aftermarket parts for the Alfa 2.4 such as exhausts, intake etc?

Any recommendation and whats the improvement of performance for the diesel engine?

I saw this video of a 2.4 which gives a pretty cool blow off sound, does anyone know what's been done?
159 2.4.mp4 - YouTube

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Probably a open intake and looking at the smoke a real open pipe no cats or dpf's in it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have had remap, dpf delete, egr closed, decat, k&n filter, straight through full stainless steel exhaust system.... Sounds sooo much better (although not making any sound at all At the moment as I am changing the turbo). And the low down pickup is really great!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Not as of yet :(. It's in the garage for a new turbo. But honestly it sounds brilliant! clogz has the same system installed so not sure if he has any videos. I will be sure to record some when the car comes out...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Clogz (and another member,I forget their username) has carried out pretty extensive work on his 2.4 Brera. There is a video on youtube (same username) of before and after sounds of his 2.4 engine pre and post stainless steel exhaust. Even on youtube the sound difference is pretty eyebrow raising. Something I'm considering.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Any links to it?

Something i'm definately doing once i've got my funds sorted out after this house move

List of mods for me will be:

DPF/EGR delete
Custom turbo-back, decat stainless steel exhaust system
Remap
"performance" air filter
Clutch upgrade when my OEM one starts to go

·
Registered
363 Posts
Any links to it?

Something i'm definately doing once i've got my funds sorted out after this house move

DPF/EGR delete
Remap
"performance" air filter
Not right now, as I'm at work. But you should be able to find it if you search for 'clogz'.

It's a black Brera. Shouldn't be hard to find. Sounds great.

Mods wise I'm taking mine to AHM as soon as I have the money.

Not sure about the decat as I'm worried about future MOT problems, EGR/DPF/Remap is a definate. Might even get the custom stainless exaust instead of the DPF delete, just for the added audible smiles.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Any links to it?

DPF/EGR delete
Remap
"performance" air filter
Here is the link: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/304828-clogz-brera-2-4-skunk-works-thread.html

Just as an FYI, i am still running the stock clutch and have done 90+k miles. Mine last time i dyno'd it was pumping out 253bhp and 400lb/ft of torque so it can take it. I would hate to ruin the drivability with a silly paddle clutch.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here is the link: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tuning-and-upgrades/304828-clogz-brera-2-4-skunk-works-thread.html

Just as an FYI, i am still running the stock clutch and have done 90+k miles. Mine last time i dyno'd it was pumping out 253bhp and 400lb/ft of torque so it can take it. I would hate to ruin the drivability with a silly paddle clutch.
How many miles have you done since the remap, dpf and egr deletion? I am having mine done this Friday and I scared I will need a new clutch/clutch upgrade!:eek::mad:

My car has is a 2007 reg, 56K on the clock.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Got remap done around 84,000 miles and i am now up to 99,000 miles. 2 years of Spa track days under its belt and the clutch is still the original one!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts