·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hi Guys,

not sure if it is right place to start this Thread but could not find better one. If it is not correct please feel free to move it :)

I would appreciate your opinions on this car: Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon 2.4 JTDM Lusso Q-Tronic 5dr (2010) in Red | Veloces of London

Anyone knows it? Maybe inspected it? Is the price ok? Is this dealer trustworthy? All comments welcome :)

Thanks for your time

BedMAc
Nice looking car ... I had a 159Ti 2.4 loved it. Regret selling it. I dont know much about Veloces but it seems a high price to me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A diesel with 24K miles in 6 years!!

My guess it did a lot of short runs so there may be a DPF problem waiting to happen

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Nice and positive...I think it looks like a great car. Go and drive it!;)
It's a reasonable comment though. Low mileage would indicate short runs, which is not recommended for these engines at all.

As regards to the vendor, do a search on this site, and read the feedback for yourself. The following recent thread may give a reasonable mix of views about them:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/928305-veloces-always-using-stock-generic-photos.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A diesel with 24K miles in 6 years!!

My guess it did a lot of short runs so there may be a DPF problem waiting to happen
Quite right... Yes DPF could cause problems in the future but I am planning to get rid of it :smoker:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a reasonable comment though. Low mileage would indicate short runs, which is not recommended for these engines at all.

As regards to the vendor, do a search on this site, and read the feedback for yourself. The following recent thread may give a reasonable mix of views about them:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/928305-veloces-always-using-stock-generic-photos.html
Thanks for this link. I did some research and it looks like this vendor is not very popular here (I have red few more threads about them) and I think I may leave this one alone. Will see.

Cheers for your opinions.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,505 Posts
Quite right... Yes DPF could cause problems in the future but I am planning to get rid of it :smoker:
Shame on you.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts

Or it might be it was used for a few long journey's. Perhaps to go distances at weekends. Maybe they worked in the city and used public transport?

Point is you do not know. However going to see the carand owner may help with that :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts