Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now i've been driving my 159 for a year now, love it to bits but i've found myself getting bored at times especially on long motorway journeys. I have a red 159 black alloys, stainless steel exhaust, ECU remapped the lot, all the trimmings basically which has increased its fun factor with me a little. Its still left me wanting though. Now i've always liked the Brera and it wasn't till yesterday when i had one roll up beside me, exactly the same colour as my car but the 3.2 variant that i relised i actually still love my car. Now i'm no boy racer i commute to work everyday but hey when you both put your foot down and you catch a 3.2 Brera in your old 2.4JTDM it hits home that your actually driving one of the most fun cars around. I think the 159 has got a couple more years left till i get rid. (no speeding btw) ;)

Anyone else with any similar experiences ???

By the way if you were driving a red Brera ending HYA, Kudos to you ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You too mate, good job the A2 wasn't icy !!
Just so ya know this things at about 295bhp so its no standard 159 otherwise i would have been left at a standstill lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you get a 2.4JTDM 20V up to 295 brake?

I thought with a map and intake upgrade 250 was about the limit.
250-270 is the 'safe' limit so to speak. I first used angel they got it to around 265 then i took it to someone i knew regarding getting the most out of it. The only thing is my MPG is terrible though but i don't care its more fun to drive. I relise the engine won't last very long but i don't intend to keep it no longer than 3 years ;) There were other options about changing the turbo but it wasn't worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
God help the poor person who buys it after you - unknown to the treatment its had :)

N

·
0 Posts
So what's the downside, in terms of everyday drivability, with a map like that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From 265 to 295 i didn't notice to much in terms of performance gain although it is a bit faster. You really notice it from 40-90mph. Basically its a tad quicker than a Civic type R, i thank my mate for helping me find that one out although he cant drive for **** anyway lol. If you don't mind buying diesel a lot then a map like this is good. My average is 30mpg at the moment. Around town its dire, roughly 20mpg if that. I haven't had any issues 'yet' appart from the air intake valve getting stuck all the time but thats soon been sorted. For the person who buys this car after me lol well there are a lot of boy racers out there...i shouldn't have a problem ;)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
295 bhp without major mechanical mods - wow!:eek::wow:

Love to know who's done the work and whats been done :)

Has it been on a rolling road - have you got a printout or PDF to show the power/torque curves :confused:

Welcome to AO BTW :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts