Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I found a 60 plate Alfa 159 2.0 jtdm Lusso at a main Alfa dealer. The price quoted was £14950 which seems very good. Perhaps too good? Grateful to know what people think. It only has about 6000 miles on it and had one private owner for under a year. I'm beginning to wonder if that owner had problems with it and just wanted rid of it. Is a dealer obliges to tell me if there have been any problems? They assure me it hasn't had any bumps or scrapes. Do you think the price is realistic?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
You could always have a look and while there ask to see the log book. Find out the previous owner's details and try and contact them?
Given it's a Lusso and not a Ti the price isn't rediculously low compared to the 59 reg Ti Sportwagon we bought about a month ago (for £13,995), also from an Alfa main dealer.

A

·
0 Posts
3 months ago I got a 159 2.0 170 Lusso from a main dealer for £13,995 with just 6k on the clock. I think this is a great price but I wouldn't be too suspicious. Sometime dealers do just shift the stock on quickly to keep the stock fresh and meet monthly quotas.

Do some extra ground work - ask who it was owned by (mine was Alfa UK). Do a search on the DVLA tax database - I found for mine that it was only taxed between March 2010 and Decemeber 2010 so wasn't even used on the road for a year and hadn't even seen a full winter, hence the remarkable as new condition it was in:thumbs:.

A

·
0 Posts
Ahhh are you looking at the one in Bournemouth by any chance in Alfa Red? Just spotted it if it is! I wished I could have got the red but had to settle with black in order to get the price right. OK your one is still a 2010 year like mine but its a 60 plate so could be as much as 6 months newer. With that in mind I would say £14,500 for yours would be more comparable to what I had paid but with the benefit of having the gorgeous Alfa Red!
Have a look at it though for its condition and smells inside etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks smarty 156 and alfa_147_jtd_16v for your replies. I feel less doubtful now and have actually gone ahead and paid the deposit! And yes it is the one in Bournemouth. I gave it a test drive at the weekend and loved it.

A

·
0 Posts
Well done:thumbs:. I hope you like it! Let us know how you get on with it and when you're collecting it:).

Don't forget to post some photos!:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked it up last week and love driving it. It looks stunning in the driveway. :thumbs: I'll post a few photos when the weather's better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts