Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The factory says that top speed of Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm is 210 kmh/s. I know that sometimes company gives it less from normal. Anyway, does anyone passed it, does it goes faster??

Please let me know
thanx
erman

still counting, 15 days left to get my 159...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
The 16 valve will do that, yes, it accelerates hard up to about 200 KMh then builds more slowly from there.

Its solid too at that speed, but check your tyes and only on derestricted roads obviously.

The car is best on the Autobahn, it seems to have been designed with high speed cruising in mind.

At 70 mph in the UK its fine as well though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Alfas are faster than the factory specs. I was going over 200 kph (124 mph) with my little 1.4 liter, 90 HP, 33. The factory spec for this car is 178 kph (110 mph).

Haven't tested the 146 but I'm sure it will do more that 215 Kph factory claim.

0-60 is with 2 people on board & 20 kilos of luggage. So when you're by yourself your actually quicker :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm it is good to hear that i am gonna push it hard. By the way we have a speed limit at autobahn but nobody obeys. Because there is no speed control or police on autobahn in Turkey, it is just like a race track ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 1.9 8v zips up to 100mph then crawls to 120mph and won't go any further. It still only has 6000 miles on the clock so I'm hoping the top end will improve.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
My 156 flies all the way to 130 then a little push to 140+ :D

But then it's a petty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts