Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is my first post and i would like to say hello to all alfa owners here.
i bought an alfa 159 7 months ago. it was low mileage car, owned by a woman, driven only in spring/summer, it was serviced reguralry.
anyway, after a few days i noticed i had a stutter/lag when i was driving at highway, it occurred when i was hard at gas pedal, around 2300rpm in 5th or 6th gear, car went in safe mode and it showed low fuel pressure (or something like that, can't quire remember). i also noticed as it was hotter outside the problem was more frequent. it was diagnosed as bad common rail pump. i had it changed, but car was not better, maybe just a little bit, boost gauge goes to 1.5 bar, falls to 1 bar and climbs up again, then falls again but slowly, keep in mind i'm holding gas for the whole time.
anyway, i also blanked egr as it had usual problems connected to it, also i will remove dpf from car, haven't done it yet.
other problems are, when i press the gas car climbs to around 2200-2300 rpm and then jumps, as it would be more powerful and it only happens in second and third gear.
third problem: car jerks when i drive slowly in first and second gear, at around 1200-1300rpm
and the last problem: after i drive on highway for a longer time, car has a delay in gas pedal response. it takes around half a second when i release gas pedal for car to stop accelerating.
i was at two mechanics and neither of them could find these faults, not going back to them, i am goind to third on monday and until then i would be so grateful for any tips from you guys so i know what could be wrong.
thanks and greetings.
EDIT: i also have swirl flaps turned off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vacuum system? Vacuum solenoid for turbo? It could leak. Many options here. Split hose from turbo, boost pressure sensor faulty...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts