Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a 2006 model 159, 1.9Jtdm, I was reading the forum now, I realized that my manifold has to have swirl valve. So I went down to garage, opened the bonnet, get rid off the logo plastic, And look down, I saw nothing.. My registration paper writes 939A2.000. Is this a bad joke? Or does it have an old manifold? Or ex-owner broke or did something bad to the manifold and chage it with 8 valve ? Plase tell me? What should I do,

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
You might have the 1.9 8 valve 120bhp fitted.
Can you post a picture of your engine and in particular the inlet manifold on the back

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
it is possible that it doesn't have them, I think there were some out there that didn't have them; but then there are two different lots of manifolds that have different swirl valves in them. Some have the metal arm across the top that you can see and some have the sliding gasget type on the inside which you can't see.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oooo, I have the photos, I will upload asap. But when I clean the inlet & put EGR Plate, I will see that I've got. But In Turkey's Alfa Forum, they said, most of the Alfa's in Turkey 1.9jtdm doesnot have flaps or we didn't see them.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Don't worry I've had a look under mine this afternoon following this thread and I can't see any evidence of them on mine either and I certainly have the 16v motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts