Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 157 is due out in 2004?

Has anyone got a pic they can post? If things go well next year (£££), I would like to get back into an Alfa, a 157 Sportswagon to be precise, preferably with a stonking diesel.

Somebody get my juices going please. :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong>The new 157 is due out in 2004?
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unlikely Nem.
We are still waiting for the facelifted facelift 156 due "sometime in 2003". Given we are nearly halfway through, and still no sign, I think 2004 for the UK arrival of the 157 is a tad optimistic!!
The facelifted facelift is getting the 147 big nose, and there by ridding the 156 of it's most elegant snout and Monza slots...
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jomor:
<strong>Sometimes i am afraid that they will use a 4 door version of the GT coupe. eek! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope they won't eek! I would be very frown

·
Registered
237 Posts
My local Alfa guy just told me it's 2005 "at least" for the 157, Alfa Ireland had just got word direct from Turin. In fact he reckoned development had slowed to a standstill until Fiat Auto sort out their beef with the banks.

btw: the same guy told me a courier firm arrived in to order 2 X Fiat Stilo SWs. Told they might have them in 5 months! Thanks very much they said, went around the corner and got 2 x Focus estates on the spot from the local Ford dealers stock.

The Stilo - yeh, that's the one they can't sell. wink

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I am not surprised they have difficulty selling the Stilo if you have to wait 5 months eek! :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong> preferably with a stonking diesel.

Somebody get my juices going please. :D </strong>
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This got my juices going:

Monza Sport Turbo Diesel Tuning gives same torque as Ferrari 360!!!

Monza Sport have been using their chip tuning equipment to great effect and can now chip all Alfa Romeo JTD models.

The results are quite astonishing, with 185 bhp and 270lb/ft in torque achieved. Monza Sport are running an Alfa 2.4 JTD Sportwagon with this chip and the overtaking capabilities are breathtaking with so much torque on tap!

Introductory Offer - Alfa 156 2.4 JTD reprogramming £375 + VAT.

Hubba Hubba

**** me you'd have to sort the brakes out first eek!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the 147 sprint? Is that still happening or what?

:confused: :)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
<strong>What about the 147 sprint? Is that still happening or what?

:confused: :) </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its now called the GT coupe.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<strong>What about the 147 sprint? Is that still happening or what?

:confused: :) </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nem
It's based on the 156 SW chassis, that's why it's not called a 147... :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, not sure about that one...still trying to find a pic of the 157 SW. Search revealed nowt.

wink

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<strong>Hmmm, not sure about that one...still trying to find a pic of the 157 SW. Search revealed nowt.

wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">'cos it dunt exist yet

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Neither does God, but the world is full of his image wink

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Here you got then if it'll keep you happy.
Completely made up picture of something vaguely Alfaish

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's OK. Trying to picture it 'wagonised'. Saloon is no good for me...dog.

166 front end, 147 rear, 156 side profile...all drawn with an orange wax crayon.

wink

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<strong>That's OK. Trying to picture it 'wagonised'. Saloon is no good for me...dog.
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*****

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
There's not much room in the current 'Wagon Nem.
Would you just keep the seats down all the time, or is she a very small pooch??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts