Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Na... that's old pics before the restling :)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by xtremeuk:
<strong>Engines on offer will include a GM-sourced all-alloy V6, in 2.8-litre and 3.2-litre capacities

I hope not.

Wheres the alfa spirt gone??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do not see this as a problem.
The Current Alfa's can be considered Tarted up FIAT's with a diferent body and fancy suspension.
Alfa Romeo as it was does not exist anymore. The Last true Alfa's were the 116 series of cars and that series basically broke the bank.
The only engine that can be consider an Alfa one is the V6, and it is past it's use by date and is not worh trying to resurect from the Euro 4 death bed.

The new GM HF V6 which will have Alfa Direct Injuection heads will not only be an excellent engine, it will allow Alfa to compete better and help ensure it's survival.

I know that larger version of HFV6 (3.8 litre ?)has excellent power and revs happily to 7000 rpm in the family sedan version ie pushing 1650 kg

The Alfa one will perform very well, will have direct injection, will meet Euro 4 which current one won't, will be cost effective compared to developing a new V6, and will get better fuel economy.

Any way you can probably blame the Europeans for the use of a GM engine if you really want to blame anyone.
They are all buying Diesels because they are more cost effective in Europe :(
Reason:- the Greens want another ice age. Personally I would rather live in the hot house than a refigerator eek! :D laughing

·
Administrator
47,298 Posts
I agree with Stori. It's short sighted to dismiss this new engine before we've seen what it can do. All the important parts will be Alfa parts. And with the chassis etc this also applies. Think about the dfact that your 145 was on a Tipo chassis, and think about what wonders Alfa worked with it. They just need to do the same with the SAAB sourced chassis and GM sourced block. I believe they can do it, we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I drove a new 93 Aero a while ago... it was bloody brilliant!

:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Saab's chassis' are usually pretty good. Even if they didn't make them themselves (ahem Integrale wink ) Just a shame the rest of the car is soo bloody heavy. But they do go well :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong>The dark side is strong Stori, it beckons you..... wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It also smells bad naughty

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong>The dark side is strong Stori, it beckons you..... wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are playing too much with your magic wand eek! :D laughing

·
Premium Member
114,703 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by xtremeuk:
<strong>The front looks a little bit like a Saab 93.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can't really see from all the fake plastic on top of it.

There is a spy-video here:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?video_gallery/video_gallery_story.php?id=38051

1 - 13 of 13 Posts