Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there after installing a sub and amp in the boot, the alfa wouldn't start. During this the battery was disconnected as a live feed was needed from the battery.

The engine turns over, but doesnt fire. Theres no fuel pressure which i've checked, it's as though the fuel pump isn't working or isn't activated. I found a fuse had blown which i believe is the remote door locking?? After doing this all other fuses were checked an are ok, including the main fuses on the battery. The code warning light dosen't come on or flash.

I think it could possibly be the imoboliser, if so how do i go about getting it re set?? Or does any one else have any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced for any info.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
is the yellow key shaped immobiliser symbol on, should cancle after 5 seconds.

if it is then perhaps the antenna is loose

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
at all?

must be a fuse gone *somewhere*

did you try the bank of fuses above the MAIN fuse box? near the drivers knee

·
Registered
85 Posts
according to my handbook there are 4 injection system fuses in the driverside dash. If you send me your mobile number through private message i will send you the pictures of the diagram.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if you go 'advanced' you can MANAGE Attachement & therefore attach the pic's to the thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive just re checked all the fuses to the right of the drivers footwell, including the main fuse box and the two other fuse boxes which both contain 6 fuses above the main box. All are fine, the yello key imboliser light still dosen't come on at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yer i've also tried that with the key fob, and im really running out of idea's. Im woundering if the imobilser has to be reset by an alfa dealer.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if you look ABOVE the main & aux fuse box the immobiliser box is located above them, held in place by 2 10mm nuts/bolts

perhaps the connector has come loose & therefore disabling the immboliser

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
OK you guys, stop stumbling around the fuse box.

Reset the fuel cut off under the passnegers seat.

If not,

Go to the battery, remove the relay cover in front of the battery and remove and clean the relays in turn, refit them correctly making sure the wires don't push out of the bottom of the holders and then go and start your car.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the IMMOBILSER is not powering up, that seems to be the problem..... Smaky got any ideas why its not working?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
according to DTE the car has lost its ability to for the ecu to communicate with the immobiliser ecu/module

check connections at the engine ecu [ top of the throttle body ] & alos at the rear of the immobiliser unit [ above the fuse boxes ] ...disconeect battery 1st

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
according to DTE there is a bulb in the info centre which cna be replaced. check that it's not blown.

to gain access remove the speedo & rev counter & then push the clip on top of the info centre downwards & then info centre will pop outwards.

to remove the speedo & rev counter remove the X head screw in the bezel & then remove the bezel...then remove the 2 screws that hold shte speedo & rev counter in place.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
circuit diagram:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
according to DTE there is a bulb in the info centre which cna be replaced. check that it's not blown.

to gain access remove the speedo & rev counter & then push the clip on top of the info centre downwards & then info centre will pop outwards.

to remove the speedo & rev counter remove the X head screw in the bezel & then remove the bezel...then remove the 2 screws that hold shte speedo & rev counter in place.
The injection failure warning light does not appear at all so may be blown.
Are you saying that if a bulb has blown it could cut the circuit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts