Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all After searching thought the forums I didn't find any help so here's my story. My Rosso Alfa 156 1.6 recently started acting up on me after a while. When I engage 4th, it seems to go into gear normally, then I release the clutch and the lever jumps out of gear! I tried holding it in place and it just started some horrifying grinding sounds when I let the clutch out. This also happens at reverse but without the dropping out, reverse just grinds when I let the clutch out. Both of those symptoms happen randomly and not every day. One day its a perfectly fine, fully working gearbox, and the next its acting up. Clutch kit, clutch fluid, gearbox oil are all a few months old and topped up. My guess is gearbox linkages? Any guesses? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This any help? - How to... Remedy a non selecting 4th Gear
Thank you for the reply. That occurred to me a few years back and its a completely different occasion. Back then the gearbox lever could nt even get to the 4th gear "place". It was like not having a 4th gear at all. Now it gets into 4th gear but it slips it out as you let the clutch out...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s likely to fix the issue as swarf interferes with the selector rods..
You will need some oils to top up and sealant.
Make sure the correct bolts go back into the correct holes, several are long er than the others and will prevent a proper seal.
Thank you for the reply. Gearbox oil is a few months old and its also topped up. I had the sward issue a few years back when I coundt even select 4th gear and ny mechanic cleaned the swardlf out.. That 4th gear is a nightmare as it turnes out 🥲

1 - 5 of 5 Posts