Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently acquired a 2006 old nose new interior 156 q system. I've had a 98 manual and the auto is not far off in my opinion, love it. It's been garaged most of its life, it's paint is so red it hurts your eyes. Immaculate and recent cambelt. Yes tax is bad, but as it's so rare and so variable what do you think it's worth or its projected value will be? 39k miles it'll be a weekend car, it really is brand new I did pay massively under asking. Although not as brand new as my 30k mile 5 cylinder marea weekend (I know...that one is worth 50 quid!)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Nice 156s are becoming rare - especially V6 versions. Keep it nice and it will go the way of 164s and 166s and go up in value. I bought an absolutely immaculate 156 1.8 TS Veloce on 147 Collezionne 17-inch alloys and slightly lowered. Very tasteful and with only 47,000 miles on the clock. It was ridiculously cheap and will only go up in value in my mind.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I found a 1999 Q system V6 in March 2015.
25,000 miles from new, one owner. Still like new.
I stored it for a year, but now I gave it to my mum to use. She's 75, so an automatic is what she needed. (previously had Enoch Powell's old 1994 Honda Concerto Automatic. I have this car to sell for her....maybe I should advertise it at the Notting Hill Carnival?).

She only does about 3,000 miles a year and it is stored under cover.

It is a lovely car, and one day these will be collectable. However I think most would want a Veloce/Sport pack, momo leather manual...the Q-system does drop the engine off the cam which the 6 speed manual doesn't, so it isn't really a racer.

I have a 156 GTA, but the 2.5 V6 certainly has its own charm, and the q-system is lovely. Poodle around town in City mode and then use the gears on the A and B roads when the 2.5 gets the better of your sensible side....even with 4 gears it is still fun to let the busso off the leash.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ive had my 2005 156v6 Q for over 6 years,great car and very reliable also great fun in manual mode...selling soon and it will be missed.

In my opinion they wont be worth much for many years (if at all) but what do i know,just enjoy it..

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
They will always be on the cheaper side of the busso models as the manual will always be more desirable.

But saying that. The 2.5 with the q system is probably the most sensible. A near bomb proof gearbox and if you do need a bit more poke the 3.0 is a nice swap.

But desirability is on the lower scale. Even if you get about 75% the experience of gta ownership for about 30% of the cost.

I loved my 2.5 in red... okay pink.. with sportspack 2. It was dated inside. With a manual 6 speed.

The gearbox slick but tbe throw was huge on the 156. But still great car and shifted well. The 2.5 you definitely needed to stir it through the gears.

But in all honesty. I think the q system with a 3.0 engine is a bloody good mix for every day driving.

2.5 could do with a bit more torque to get it shifting through the four gears. But its by no means a slouch. Despite what the figures may say. On the move the lonfer ratios don't do it too much harm.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Id say if you hold out you'd get a good 1500+ for it. Maybe 2k even.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm genuinely surprised how much I love the auto. It's certainly a keeper so I'm not fussed about value. Just happy to have such a mint example, it's a museum peace!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts