Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello Alan,

Big fan of your posts, am planning to do some of your wishbone mods soon. Afraid I can't confirm your question, but a couple of years ago had to get our other jtd 10 valve thro an MoT test quickly; one of the outer cv joints had failed, and I seem to recall the garage being very pleased with themselves because although the jtd part was unavailiable at the time, the V6 part was and this fitted no problem....but this was sometime ago.... Short version; good chance the 10 valve half shaft will fit, but very little chance 20 valve is swappable.

Hope that helps - bit surprised Dan or Ned haven't picked up this....is the mighty Autolusso on holiday!?!!

Loving the suspension mods....ever thought about a book on it ' ultimate 156 tweaks '?

Keep it up!
Cheerio
The Captain:thumbs:

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,043 Posts
Hope that helps - bit surprised Dan or Ned haven't picked up this....is the mighty Autolusso on holiday!?!!
I am going on holiday from tomorrow :D

Taking Romano's car to Italy for his wedding

JTD dive shafts will not fit a V6

Ned

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ahhh, there you go! ...wonder what the hell that garage was on about now!?!! It was a few years ago...mind you, sometimes I'd be hard pressed to remember what I did this morning....

Cheerio
The Captain:lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Suppose the next question has to be what are the differences length , hub fitting ,gearbox fitting or all three , just me being curious again .

·
Vendor
45,291 Posts
On the 10v JTD halfshaft the length between the inner splined section that engages with the diff and the bearing that is supported is different, so won't fit on a V6. Its a little longer. The 1.9 ones are totally different as they have cups & spiders for the inner joints rather than the more conventional looking CV joints that the 10v, V6s and Twinsparks have.

Don't know what your garage did there Cap'n, maybe they just used the inner CV only and removed it from the halfshaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts