Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
worst for sleepless nites and opening wallet :lol:

best for everything else - every rose has its thorn ;)

when you buy an alfa/156 you realise most other cars are merely boxes on wheels

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I have owned two 156's - Both a joy to own.

My first was a 1999 1.8 SP1 saloon (I bought it at just under 2 years old) - Only issue was front top balljoints but got majority paid by Alfa. I owned the car for around 9 or 10 months and then sold for a profit!

My second was a 2001 1.8 SP3 Sportwagon (I bought it at 18 months old) - Never had any issues with this car and owned it for 4 years. Sold it to a friend who is still enjoying it.

I respected these cars and kept them well serviced so all Ok:thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
44,757 Posts
:rolleyes:
If you're trying to be controversial, at least say something worth talking about.

If you're actually trying to make a point, then tell us what it actually is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The worst car I ever owned was an Audi-NSU RO 80. I have owned 33 cars. This was closely followed by a Chevrolet Corvair Corsa John Fitch Sprint!

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts
every thing ok, until today! Fault with ECM/PCM processor. She wouldn't start. Anybody had sim prob?
Could be anything mate, start a thread on it in the technical lounge for best response :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It was the worst car I ever had as I don't think anything will ever come close as a complete driving package:( As nice as the Ti is, I still really miss mine:cry:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I loved my 1.8 TS 156 :)

·
Registered
37,147 Posts
All of my 156's have been great cars.(in fact all of my Alfa's have)
The worst car I have owned was a Rover Vitesse Sport, and the second worst a Nissan 200SX (s14)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Best car I have owned
Cross country on back roads = to or better than BMW 3 series
Performance and acceleration = better than a 5.7 chevy
Fuel economy= better than a 5.7 chevy
Style and interior spec. top car leather aircon leccy windows and the loud pedal, lovely quick steering
Unbeatable

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
If your last car was a Ferrari 430 then yes, the 156 would be the worst car you have ever owned.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts