Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being my first post, Hi guys.

I've used this forum so much over the last few weeks and finally decided to sign up seeing as you all seem some helpful and knowledgeable! So straight into it..
I bought an Alfa (156 sw), put it through an NCT (National Car Test - In Ireland) and it failed (Unsurprisingly) on a few things. And to cut a long story short;

What is a swinging arm with regard to N/S/F Suspension? Its labeled as worn and need replacing. Would I be correct to say its the lower wishbone?

Secondly; Axle bushes need replacing. Again I can only guess that's the Trailing arm bushes? Or the suspension arms?

Any help would be great as I'm looking at it as a project and even a competent mechanic couldn't give me a straight answer.. Alfas must confuse them as well as me eh?:paranoid:

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Hi

best to contact whoever did the NCT

Swinging arms normally refer to the rear suspension rather than the front

Axle bushes I have not heard of, the suspension arm have bushes pressed in already so its all one part

In summary, best find out what he means before replacing loads of needless parts

HTH

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

best to contact whoever did the NCT

Swinging arms normally refer to the rear suspension rather than the front

Axle bushes I have not heard of, the suspension arm have bushes pressed in already so its all one part

In summary, best find out what he means before replacing loads of needless parts

HTH
Thanks purple! I'll look into it. Just wanted to confirm it wasn't just me that was a little confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts