Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Does anybody know where I can get a workshop manual on the 2002 Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon 2.5l V6 ?
I want to replace all 4 of my shocks, but From what I've heard, it might be a tricky thing to do.
Especially the rear ones.
Supa quick said there mechanics are not trained to do it, and Hi-Q said the have not done it before.
Am I biting off more than I can chew?

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Snyders...

I had the fronts on my 2000 sportwagon done by Hi-Q (they supplied Monroe shocks) but the back ones (which are also knackered) have been quoted at ZAR1900 per side - I'm shopping around and looking on fleabay to see what I can get.

I have the manual CD if you need me to look anything up for you.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The rear ones are only tricky if you have Nivomat self levelers. If you can get to the sticker on the back of the shock and peel it off, the part number can be checked.

L

·
0 Posts
the self levelling rear shocks can be replaced with standard units form a Saloon

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Lacken, are you sure about that, there is a lot of controversial topics about Nivomat replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bottom bolt that connects the tie bars to the base of the strut has a habit of seizing solid.. It's exposed to the elements where it passes through the strut. You can however, get in with a bit of emery cloth and clean this bit up.

Apart from this its fairly easy! Manuals are available on ebay on disc for a couple of quid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts